GTX 460 SLI --> ?

Popple2000

Hey guys, just a quick one, looking for opinions.

I currently have 2x GTX 460's in SLI ( 1gb )  and have been getting the itch to upgrade for quite some time.

I can get the  GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5 for 549$ - 10$MIR atm but I feel like I have waited SOOOO long for the 800 series that if I cave now, it was all in vain.

Currently I am gaming in 1200p, however I hope to upgrade to a 4k once g-sync gets pushed along and pricing settles.

Thoughts ?

Thanks in advance.

Are you happy waiting more than another 90 days?

If not, just grab a 780 from EVGA and if 800 series launches in the next 3 months you upgrade using their Step Up Program and lose nothing.

Are you happy waiting more than another 90 days?

If not, just grab a 780 from EVGA and if 800 series launches in the next 3 months you upgrade using their Step Up Program and lose nothing.

The 90 days wont kill me, I mostly play WoW & Rift atm, so nothing too demanding, just starting to feel like I've been waiting for ever.

I've never looked into the step up program, I'll head over and have a peek, thanks !

The 90 days wont kill me, I mostly play WoW & Rift atm, so nothing too demanding, just starting to feel like I've been waiting for ever.

I've never looked into the step up program, I'll head over and have a peek, thanks !

If you play WoW, your cards are fine, if those are your 2 main games I'd wait.

If you play WoW, your cards are fine, if those are your 2 main games I'd wait.

Thanks for your input !