Figuring out SLI

jonyman23

Hello!

I have an MSI Z87 Mpower mobo with a Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770, and I want to add another Gigabyte 770 but I am trying to figure it all out before buying anything. I know I can fit it in my Armor Revo Geno but I am trying to figure out where to get the SLI bridge. I do not remember seeing one in either of the boxes the parts came in.

EDIT: I should mention I connected the SLI technologies plug into the 770 right next to the PCI-E power connector, I am guessing that does not make it ready for SLi, needing the bridge still but I am also wondering if I should need to connect another SLI tech connector into the 2nd card

just curious what monitor are you currently using?

if its 1080p 60hz, I suggest you invest you're budget instead on a new monitor like 1080p 144hz or 34" 2.5k LG or the upcoming Asus 4k 1440p 144Hz Gsync.

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

Pick your favorite retailer/online store, or microcenter, and search "SLI bridge".

Plenty of results just from Amazon.

Any of them should work, unless you somehow get a fake from an off-brand Indian seller with 41% positive feedback.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

Yup any genuine SLI bridge will work fine. Just double check your motherboard and power supply are up to the job.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

just curious what monitor are you currently using?

if its 1080p 60hz, I suggest you invest you're budget instead on a new monitor like 1080p 144hz or 34" 2.5k LG or the upcoming Asus 4k 1440p 144Hz Gsync.

I am using an Acer H236HLbid 23" 1080p monitor. I plan on first getting the new GPU for SLI for complete overkill, than a new monitor down the line. at somepoint I want to make the switch to watercooling my CPU, but that's another story.

Before buying SLI bridge, check out youre motherboard acessories 90% of em come with SLI bridge

Let's agree to disagree

I am using an Acer H236HLbid 23" 1080p monitor. I plan on first getting the new GPU for SLI for complete overkill, than a new monitor down the line. at somepoint I want to make the switch to watercooling my CPU, but that's another story.

In my opinion, you should upgrade you're monitor first before anything else as the current GPU you have is more than capable of playing at decent FPS.

A new monitor on the other hand would give you a much better and more impactful experience than what you're using right now.

either having a bigger real estate, sharper image (4k) or motion blur free monitor (144hz strobe backlight) with improve you're computing experience even while not gaming.

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

Are you supposed to run a single connector or should you connect both ports with 2 bridges?  Does it make a difference?

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Single connector only for SLi...the others are for Tri SLi...connectors furthest to the "back" of the Case.

If your Cards are spaced as they would be for 3 Cards (but only 2 Cards), you can use a Tri SLi connector with no ill effects, many of use this for aesthetic purposes ;)

3930K - 4.85Ghz w EK Supremacy | RIVE w Photon 170 D5 Vario / Res Combo | 16GB 1866 Doms | Evga GTX 780Ti SC SLi w EK Full WB's| AX 1.2 kW | 900D - 1 x RX480 1 x EX360 & 1 x EX240 Rads w Noctua NF F & Corsair SP "Push" | W7 HP x64 | MK11: P25,113 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7499603 | Firestrike: 19,576 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1177627

Single connector only for SLi...the others are for Tri SLi...connectors furthest to the "back" of the Case.

If your Cards are spaced as they would be for 3 Cards (but only 2 Cards), you can use a Tri SLi connector with no ill effects, many of use this for aesthetic purposes ;)

Thank you!

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

In my opinion, you should upgrade you're monitor first before anything else as the current GPU you have is more than capable of playing at decent FPS.

A new monitor on the other hand would give you a much better and more impactful experience than what you're using right now.

either having a bigger real estate, sharper image (4k) or motion blur free monitor (144hz strobe backlight) with improve you're computing experience even while not gaming.

Maybe I'll get a 2560-1440p but those are pretty expensive