New Suggestion for the Forum: Rig Profile for Each Member

Lenyd

Hello Everyone!

I joined the linustechtips forum a couple of weeks ago and needless to say, this is an amazing community with great people who are always eager to help. However as i began to make more posts, i found it frustrating having to list my rig component every single time.

Sure I can physically type them out in the signature section or w/e you call it, but i think it would be neat if Slick, the Mod Team, can incorporate Rig Component or simply Rig Profile as part of the profile of every member.

The idea goes like this, as i click on a fellow member's profile, the side bar has things like Overview, Profile Feed, you know the boring old stuff that can be found in every other forum. But since this is a tech forum, it would be neat if Slick can add another tab or section named My Rig or something like that

As members swap out components, they can update their Rig Profile, and track the changes over the years or months since they've joined LinusTechTips. And if someone is posting something and a member asks "OP what is your rig?" the Op can simply reply with, "check out my Rig Profile"

This is just an idea. Perhaps there are some difficulties with implementing this but i thought I should at least throw this idea out there. 

If you want this to happen, please tweet this post to slick, linus, or share it with the Mod Team!

Thank you for your time  :)

If IP Board Has a profile feature that would work like that I'd be down. Sounds like a fun idea.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

That would be really nice, and it will also keep thing more tidy, and visually organized. Hope they can add it.

Mobo: Asus Maximus Impact VI Processor: Intel 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.22Vlts Memory: 2x8 GB DDR3 1866Mhz GSkill Sniper

VGA: Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC Audio: Asus Impact Supreme FX SSD: Mushkin Chronos 120GB HDD: WD Black 500GB

Power Supply: Coolermaster V650 Semi Modular Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i

this is a good idea 

Desktop:  MSi GTX 680 Lightning - MSi Mpower Z77- i7 3770k - Asus Xonar DGX  - 16Gb Ares Ram - GX 750w PSU

Laptop: MSi GE 60 - GTX 765m - i74700MQ - 8gb ram

I like the idea because it does come in handy, with it being in your signature is a good idea as well but it's very limited. You cannot have pictures and it's limited to 3 lines.

Overclock.net is where I have been at often and just recently joined LTT forum as well. They have it and it really does help.