Which PSU?

Yummychickenblue
Go to solution Solved by Yummychickenblue,

Alright well I have put some thought into it along with some reviews and I think i'll go with a CoolerMaster V650. Thanks for your help!

Izaya Orihara antoainb bbqsauce 2chriswy lee32uk NannerBeans and daemonowner!

Hello Forum!

Ok so I am in need of a new PSU I was thinking of getting a BeQuiet! PowerZone but then I saw that the Corsair RM650 is just a few dollars more. Am I right when I say it is definitely worth the $10 extra?

80+ gold, zero fan mode. imo worth the 10 dollars more.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

both are great psu's PM what it is down to is what cables do u prefer the flat ribbon cables or the sleeved black and orange cables.

''FX-9590 Hotter than lava''

both are great psu's PM what it is down to is what cables do u prefer the flat ribbon cables or the sleeved black and orange cables.

I think I will go with the RM650 because it is 80+ Gold + modular +zero RPM fan mode.

I think I will go with the RM650 because it is 80+ Gold + modular +zero RPM fan mode.

well its a good choice i have the rm 850 the fan has never turned on

''FX-9590 Hotter than lava''

well its a good choice i have the rm 850 the fan has never turned on

Lots of psu's have semi fanless mode though. Corsair psu's have gone downhill ever since they stopped using Seasonic. They now use cheaper oem's with lower quality components but still charge the same price. Genius if you can get away with it  :mellow:

Lots of psu's have semi fanless mode though. Corsair psu's have gone downhill ever since they stopped using Seasonic. They now use cheaper oem's with lower quality components but still charge the same price. Genius if you can get away with it  :mellow:

Well I was unaware of this.

Lots of psu's have semi fanless mode though. Corsair psu's have gone downhill ever since they stopped using Seasonic. They now use cheaper oem's with lower quality components but still charge the same price. Genius if you can get away with it   :mellow:

Does XFX still use Seasonic? I've been a big fan of their core series but haven't seen them on sale for a while. I just ponied up the cash and bought a high end Seasonic. 

Well I was unaware of this.

The RM series are made by Channel Well and Chicony Power depending on which wattage you go for . When Corsair used Seasonic they had some of the best psu's going in the AX/HX/TX range. I am not saying that the RM is the worst psu out there because it isn't. I just think you can get better for the same/less money (At least here in UK)

Does XFX still use Seasonic? I've been a big fan of their core series but haven't seen them on sale for a while. I just ponied up the cash and bought a high end Seasonic. 

Yeah XFX are still Seasonic. I have a 750W XFX in my rig. I think the thing that lets XFX down is their warranty support (At least here in UK) It might be a different story stateside though.

Nice link for finding out the manufacturer of a lot of psu's http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page541.htm

Man the RM Series is great. Gotta love them crappy capacitors. Why do people still recommend RM units?

Alright well I just read the JonnyGuru review and he gave it an 8.7. Is that acceptable?

Alright well I just read the JonnyGuru review and he gave it an 8.7. Is that acceptable?

Ehh depends on how much you're paying. I say if its more than $100 for a psu it better be at least 9 I paid $115 for my 660 watt plat Seasonic. 

It scores 9.7 not 8.7  :) or are you talking about the RM ?

It scores 9.7 not 8.7  :) or are you talking about the RM ?

I was talking about the RM, do you know how/where I can buy Super-Flower PSUs here in the states?

It's almost like Amazon knows what I think of the RM Series. The second suggestion was the Wattage equivalent Seasonic G Series.

The RM750, RM850 and RM1000 are outclassed and outpriced by the EVGA Supernova G2 Series.

The RM450, RM550 and RM650 are ~$20 more expensive than their G Series counterparts on Newegg.

@lee32uk Nope, 850W got 9.2 and 650W got 8.7.

It's almost like Amazon knows what I think of the RM Series. The second suggestion was the Wattage equivalent Seasonic G Series.

The RM750, RM850 and RM1000 are outclassed and outpriced by the EVGA Supernova G2 Series.

I mostly want the semi fanless mode.

It doesn't look like Superflower are available in the usa which seems a bit strange. I think the closest you will get to a Superflower is a Kingwin power supply, which are all made by Superflower. I don't know how they compare in price though.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page521.htm

The RM450, RM550 and RM650 are ~$20 more expensive than their G Series counterparts on Newegg.

Seasonic G series are excellent power supplies  :) They are a bit more expensive than Superflower/EVGA here in the UK though.