Best Monitor Stand for me...

Good Morning everyone!

At work I use a 27in iMac (30.5 LB) and an Asus PB238Q (18.5 LB). I want to put them on a monitor stand so I can get them off my desk.

My Desk Setup

My 27in iMac is caddy cornered in the corner with a desk grommet directly behind it. my PB238Q is to the right of it propped up on a box. 

My Dilemma

I need to get a monitor stand that will go in the Grommet hole so my iMac can be centered on the hole and a monitor arm will extend out to the right to support my PB238Q. i don't need a third monitor arm because to my left is where i meet with clients so i will never put a monitor in front of their faces... lol *there is no place to clamp a stand behind my desk*

My Question

Does anyone have an recommendations for a good monitor stand that can mount my iMac on the main pole and only have one arm that can extend to the right? 

Thanks everyone! :) 

Jayme McColgan

Graphic & Web Designer

www.Jimmyp.co

May you have fair winds, and following seas

Jayme McColgan

Graphic & Web Designer

http://www.jimmyp.co

I don't think an iMac has a VESA mount... even if it does, its pretty heavy..

Good Morning everyone!

At work I use a 27in iMac (30.5 LB) and an Asus PB238Q (18.5 LB). I want to put them on a monitor stand so I can get them off my desk.

My Desk Setup

My 27in iMac is caddy cornered in the corner with a desk grommet directly behind it. my PB238Q is to the right of it propped up on a box. 

My Dilemma

I need to get a monitor stand that will go in the Grommet hole so my iMac can be centered on the hole and a monitor arm will extend out to the right to support my PB238Q. i don't need a third monitor arm because to my left is where i meet with clients so i will never put a monitor in front of their faces... lol *there is no place to clamp a stand behind my desk*

My Question

Does anyone have an recommendations for a good monitor stand that can mount my iMac on the main pole and only have one arm that can extend to the right? 

Thanks everyone! :)

Jayme McColgan

Graphic & Web Designer

www.Jimmyp.co

May you have fair winds, and following seas

There are adapters that are made to make iMacs vesa mount compatible (check the compatibility of your specific iMac) but I really suggest to either wall mount or have large clamp down bolts on the edge of a thick desk since the grommet holder may not be able to support a stand with 2 monitors of that weight. 

Vesa mount:

http://store.apple.com/ca/product/MD179ZM/A/vesa-mount-adapter-kit-for-imac-andled-cinemaor-applethunderbolt-display

Mount Installation:

• 3 weeks later...

There are adapters that are made to make iMacs vesa mount compatible (check the compatibility of your specific iMac) but I really suggest to either wall mount or have large clamp down bolts on the edge of a thick desk since the grommet holder may not be able to support a stand with 2 monitors of that weight. 

Vesa mount:

http://store.apple.com/ca/product/MD179ZM/A/vesa-mount-adapter-kit-for-imac-andled-cinemaor-applethunderbolt-display

Mount Installation:

yes i know i can buy a VESA mount... i actually already have one. haha i found one at work that was bought for a different imac... i think im just going to invest in a new desk so i can mount it from the back of the desk and no in the grommet hole.... 

Jayme McColgan

Graphic & Web Designer

http://www.jimmyp.co