2nd Asus 760 Problems

Hi there,

So I just recently bought a second Asus GTX 760 to SLI into my computer.  But after I bought the card I realized that most likely my motherboard (the Gigabyte 970A-UD3) doesn't support SLI.  It doesn't say anywhere on the box that it does, and online I couldn't really get a straight answer.  So for one, does my Gigabyte 970A-UD3 not support SLI?

And second,

I just put in the new card into the motherboard (the two cards arent in SLI) and my old card comes up with a green light (like normal) but the new card comes up with a little red light on it.  Why is this?  Then after I tried to boot up my computer, and the computer didnt show any screen (I had my monitor plugged into my old graphics card).  Everything else is exactly the same, I just put in the new card.  I just got an SLI bridge but I haven't put it in yet.

So my questions are,

Why does the new graphics card have a red light instead of a green one?

Does my motherboard support SLI?

Should I attempt to attach the SLI bridge to the two cards and see if it works?

Why isn't any boot screen showing up after installing the new card?

Thanks in advance!

Your motherboard does not support SLI checking Gigabytes website it apparently only supports Crossfire, also the cards would not be connected without the SLI bridge even if the motherboard supported SLI.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3907#ov

Okay thanks! But I have had 2 cards running in the computer before. (the 760 and a 550ti).  I had both of them connected to the motherboard and I had just dedicated the 550ti to Physx. It worked perfectly.  Why does the new card have a red light even if they are just acting separately?