For how long should you keep playing? (high temps)

The topic title may have not been clear enough, but I'll try to explain.

I've been having a fear about overheating for some time now, mostly because I lost a laptop due to overheating, and now that I have a decent PC for gaming, this fear is still with me. I got a GTX 780 (an "expensive" GPU to where I live) and when playing games that demand a higher use of the card, its temperatures stick close to 75 ºC. (65 to 75) So I'm wondering for how long should you keep playing the game, even with those temps, because I don't want to shorten the life expectancy of the GPU.

Thanks. (sorry for bad english)

you can play for as long as you want @ 75c

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Yeah, you're perfectly fine at that temp.  85c is when I'd start worrying, +90c is when I'd stop.

anything above 80-85 is getting IFFY below there every thing is perfectly fine

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

well i have a 770 my PC is on most of the day the only time i turn it off is if i go out or sleep most of the time i am playing games i am not saying u should keep it on for a long time but u should be ok having long game seshons. Sorry for my bad spelling :)

Yeah, you're perfectly fine at that temp.  85c is when I'd start worrying, +90c is when I'd stop.

anything above 80-85 is getting IFFY below there every thing is perfectly fine

Awww so cute

Wanna see a r9 290 ? anyone ?

My 2 290Xs on the stock cooler ran at around 95 or 96C at load and 60C idle. It's crazy.

They should have been called the R9 two satan's unborn child gates of hades édition

Imagine the 295x2 with a reference cooler. AMD: "oh yeah 200C is ok."

tumblr_inline_mvgfsbuO5R1qjs09r.jpg