radeon pro. a brand new software that fixes most xfire issues!!!

ShiverMePenguins

while I do agree that the frame rating issue is somewhat overstated,and radeon pro does fix much of the issue you should have shown the 3000 frame graph,it seems a bit misleading to show the 500 frame one.

Frame%20Rate%2003%20SLI%20Adaptive%20VSy

Frame%20Rate%20Crossfire%2005%20DVC%2040

out of the two solutions I think I'd prefer sli because while it has more latency throughout the graph,the spikes it does have are relatively small,whereas the spikes for the crossfire graph,while less common,are going to be much more  noticeable  and disruptive to the gaming experience.

also certain games do feel sluggish at 40fps,crysis 3 for example seemed somewhat sluggish at anything below 45fps,while other games like say bioshock infinite,feel fine at anything above 40fps,other games still,don't feel right until 50fps,etc.and while crossfire will benefit much more from a 40fps cap,nvidia sli turns off vsync when your below 60fps,allowing you to push more fps,and turns on when it's above,which in my opinion is a better solution.

though I've found that using any type of vsync makes me want to shoot myself because of input lag,I'll move the mouse,and it'll feel screwed up even if I've reached the 60fps (or whatever the vsync is set to) cap,which is why for a majority of people sli and crossfire are both terrible options,because there are quite a few people like myself that hate vsync.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

how was i being misleading? and what is your point to talk about raw fps in games? to say that you don't like vsync? to give your own personal interpretation while speaking about it in a factual manner?

in that case aren't you yourself being misleading by not providing non vsync sli results? secondly please actually read the original post because radeon pro's dynamic vsync performs the same exact function as the avsync that nvidia provides.

you also comment on graph results with your real world interpretation. Why do this? you have not spoke of personal experience and speak of a graph in absolutes. you SAY that you'll not notice the sli results, but have you experienced both setups described at tomshardware?

i'm not sure what you are trying to say, but please do not give an opinion as fact. for instance, it is my opinion that silverstone cases are horribly built, but i don't tell everyone about that.

also certain games do feel sluggish at 40fps,crysis 3 for example seemed somewhat sluggish at anything below 45fps,while other games like say bioshock infinite,feel fine at anything above 40fps,other games still,don't feel right until 50fps,etc.and while crossfire will benefit much more from a 40fps cap,nvidia sli turns off vsync when your below 60fps,allowing you to push more fps,and turns on when it's above,which in my opinion is a better solution.

I don't get your point. Why does cf benefit more from a 40fps cap? Dynamic vsync performs better than Adaptive vsync at "turns off vsync when your below 60fps,allowing you to push more fps,and turns on when it's above".

though I've found that using any type of vsync makes me want to shoot myself because of input lag,I'll move the mouse,and it'll feel screwed up even if I've reached the 60fps (or whatever the vsync is set to) cap,which is why for a majority of people sli and crossfire are both terrible options,because there are quite a few people like myself that hate vsync.

To each his own then. I don't have statistic to back my claim but i think the majority of people can't notice any input lag at 60fps, except in multiplayer shooter.

I don't get your point. Why does cf benefit more from a 40fps cap? Dynamic vsync performs better than Adaptive vsync at "turns off vsync when your below 60fps,allowing you to push more fps,and turns on when it's above".

To each his own then. I don't have statistic to back my claim but i think the majority of people can't notice any input lag at 60fps, except in multiplayer shooter.

the input lag isn't from low fps,it's from vsync.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

the input lag isn't from low fps,it's from vsync.

actually it is from both.

i won't get into architecture analysis again, but low framerate delivery translates to a slower processing of 3d imagery thereby increasing input lag between gpu and monitor.

if you were to purely talk about lag of peripherals, it is debatable whether vsync creates raw lag for usb or ps2 devices. it simply limits the monitors processing. i haven't seen any definitive testing that proves vsync makes mice lag.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this thread, constantly use it for reference.

awesome!!!

hopefully soon people will shut up about crossfire this and crossfire that.

seriously, every single nancy boy whining about xfire issues cite "normal users" what normal user crossfires video cards?

awesome!!!

hopefully soon people will shut up about crossfire this and crossfire that.

seriously, every single nancy boy whining about xfire issues cite "normal users" what normal user crossfires video cards?

Normal translates to lazy. I splurge RadeonPro on to everyone even non CFX users, the dynamic v-sync is soo good. 

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

use ccc to install and manage drivers. radeonpro for everything else. i know its silly that you'll be using multiple managers, but it does have its ups and downs.

Catalyst control center does not install and manage driver. We have already had Catalyst install manager to do that. 

As you can see here, ccc and driver are two separate things:

post-7332-0-26369100-1372036294.png

There is no problem with uninstall catalyst control center whatsoever. However you may need ccc to manage oc profile because Radeon Pro doesn't support global overdrive profile.

ummm.... actually no.

ccc lets you manage things that radeonpro doesn't care about. and you can access the drivers through ccc. so.... no.

Catalyst control center does not install and manage driver. We have already had Catalyst install manager to do that. 

As you can see here, ccc and driver are two separate things:

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

There is no problem with uninstall catalyst control center whatsoever. However you may need ccc to manage oc profile because Radeon Pro doesn't support global overdrive profile.

You can use MSI Afterburner to manage overclock profile and it have in game OSD and good gameplay recording function too,

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

How much does Radeon Pro help single gpu's?

I noticed that Skyrim ran smoother with it.

Also how is anti ailiasing on amd cards , i have tried out a titan and saw that the image was blurred with AA. When i use my 7950 i never noticed any blur of the image.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

GPU: ASUS R9 290 Direct CUII  PSU: Corsair AX 860

Also how is anti ailiasing on amd cards , i have tried out a titan and saw that the image was blurred with AA. When i use my 7950 i never noticed any blur of the image.

Not sure about the AA, but it could be to do with how AMD vs nvidia cards do AA.

All games are going to benefit even on single GPUs cos RadeonPro hold the frame rate & therefore the frametimes constant, meaning no stuttering. But in order to do this you have to set a FPS limit of less than your minimum FPS for that game.

Only in a few games (not many at all) are you going to actually see a benefit with RadeonPro with single GPUs, Skyrim definitely being on of them, just because frametimes are held pretty constant (no large jumps between short frametimes and longer ones) in most games.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Frame-Rating-High-End-GPUs-Benchmarked-4K-Resolutions/Battlefield-3-Single-GP

That review has a bunch of games, including Skyrim. Look at the 'Frametimes' graph for single GPU cards for a visual of what I'm saying.

ummm.... actually no.

ccc lets you manage things that radeonpro doesn't care about. and you can access the drivers through ccc. so.... no.

And that contradicts my statement anyhow? CCC doesn't install the driver (which YOU incorrectly stated). And i have already said that there are things that radeon pro doesn't manage like oc profile.

That's because skyrim is a badly ported game. Darksiders, Prototype, Bulletstorm are example of badly ported games with stuttering problem. Dynamic vsync fixes the stuttering problem in crossfire and also in single GPU.

radeon pro helps out no matter what if you set it up with all the features they provide, and if you do it properly. my input lag in hawken went from 60fps at 23ms lag to 60 fps at 18ms lag.

that doesn't seem big but every little bit helps, plus it smoothed out the frame delivery anyhow. if nvidia was supported by radeonpro you could potentially see similar results because of both dfc and dvc tech.

radeon pro helps out no matter what if you set it up with all the features they provide, and if you do it properly. my input lag in hawken went from 60fps at 23ms lag to 60 fps at 18ms lag.

that doesn't seem big but every little bit helps, plus it smoothed out the frame delivery anyhow. if nvidia was supported by radeonpro you could potentially see similar results because of both dfc and dvc tech.

Say I've got a game running at >>>60fps, what setting should I use in RadeonPro?

Say I've got a game running at >>>60fps, what setting should I use in RadeonPro?

it really depends all on your card and drivers man.

best thing to do is run the game without vsync, record what the minimum fps is, the average fps, and the max. then use dfc to smooth it down to slightly below average (or down to 60fps, whichever is greater), and then to use dvc afterwards. use it according to the websites tutorials, and you should be all set. then enable dynamic vsync.

• 3 weeks later...

How do you record the frame times , what is used to record them?

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

How do you record the frame times , what is used to record them?

Use Benchmark function in RadeonPro or Fraps, and then drop the benchmark file into FRAFS Bench Viewer

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

AMD's 3rd party GPU Boost 2.0

The Arctic Demon:  i7 4770k | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F12s | (2) Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 Crossfire | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Corsair AX 850 | Samsung 840 500 GB | Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White | NZXT Hue 

Peripherals: Logitech G600 gaming mouse | Cooler Master CM Storm Quickfire with Cherry MX Green Switches | QNIX QX2710 LED 2560x1440p PLS monitor | Logitech Rumblepad 2

I wish they would add overclock abilities other than Overdrive. Seeing that you can show the gpu usage and temps and fps. Then you could ditch AB or TriXX.

I hope they gonna add more features to radeon pro.

I wish they would add overclock abilities other than Overdrive. Seeing that you can show the gpu usage and temps and fps. Then you could ditch AB or TriXX.

I hope they gonna add more features to radeon pro.

You can use the scripting feature to overclock using AB but without the need to have AB running in the background.

You can use the scripting feature to overclock using AB but without the need to have AB running in the background.

Really? Can you please show me how? I'm itching to ditch AB already. 

Really? Can you please show me how? I'm itching to ditch AB already. 

But it's only limited to load AB profile and you need to have UAC turned off. You can find the template in RP script tab.

hU7ls1l.png