Headphone/Speaker toggle switch?

Lachrymal

I consistently am switching between my speakers and headphones by unplugging them from the back. Are there any good educated suggestions on a switch I can use to replace this process? Perhaps and external switch that I don't have to mod into my case? If I know anything about anything, my audio port is going to wear out from this one day. Thanks for the help.

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

Syba DAC is the easiest solution with an actual switch, but a simple splitter does the same thing without the switch.

What's the difference between the first and the second one? Besides the price, obviously. (And the fact that the cheaper one looks cruddy)

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

What's the difference between the first and the second one? Besides the price, obviously. (And the fact that the cheaper one looks cruddy)

The job is exactly the same. Maybe just some quality difference. Oh, and Sescom is made in USA, the 2nd one made in China. Sescom mainly produce peripherals for music bands, I think. Try look around: www.sescom.com

The cheap one looks so bad, I don't even want it. Looks like something that came with an Emachines computer from 2003. Ugh. Ew. Ew. Looks like the Sescom doesn't come with any cables though.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

The cheap one looks so bad, I don't even want it. Looks like something that came with an Emachines computer from 2003. Ugh. Ew. Ew. Looks like the Sescom doesn't come with any cables though.

Generic mini to minis are dirt cheap though. http://www.amazon.com/Cbus-Wireless-Black-Stereo-Auxiliary/dp/B00CRTJ3JG/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1401572964&sr=8-13&keywords=3.5mm+cable+interconnect

I even have some laying around, from my novelty speakers.

Or... get the $300 one: http://jaben.net/shopping2/Crystal-cable-for-mini-powered-by-Crystal-Piccolino.html :D

Edit: scratch the first one, found even cheaper one: http://www.amazon.com/Cbus-Wireless-Noodle-Stereo-Auxiliary/dp/B00DJ268ZC/ref=sr_1_38?ie=UTF8&qid=1401573382&sr=8-38&keywords=3.5mm+cable+interconnect

If you can use the headphones as line out and speakers as, well speakers, there's a small system tray that can switch between different output with a click.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

How about a splitter with extension wires

What is a splitter? :P

This is more of what I was thinking, but that thing looks so lightweight among the cords. Will it stay in place?

My man may  or may not like to try this.

I don't understand what that will do. I read it but I need explanation. Sorry it's very early here.

If you can use the headphones as line out and speakers as, well speakers, there's a small system tray that can switch between different output with a click.

That's sound way simpler can you explain how?

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

That's sound way simpler can you explain how?

Use a program called Soundswitch. Make sure when you plug your headphones you set it as line out not headphones. You should be able to click on the icon then it'll work.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ