My cursor darts around the screen?!

Enstage

So recently my cursor has started to dart around the screen. Maybe like 100 pixels at a time randomly, I have a R.A.T. 7 gaming mouse and a mad catz G.L.I.D.E. 5 mousepad.

I have tried to reinstall the driver for the mouse but that didn't work (Also updated it). It has nothing to do with the mousepad (tried using different mousepads, still happened), I have been using the same set up for about a year and this has only just started to happen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Post a reply if you need more info.

RAT (Remote Admnistration Tool) Virus on your PC maybe, seen any weird things like random sounds or programs opening when you did not open them

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

Run a MalwareBytes scan, and Microsoft Security Essentials scan. as ^ said, it could be a virus! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

RAT (Remote Admnistration Tool) Virus on your PC maybe, seen any weird things like random sounds or programs opening when you did not open them

Run a MalwareBytes scan, and Microsoft Security Essentials scan. as ^ said, it could be a virus! 

Hmmmm. Ok, it seems to happen when my internet is being used, no one is controling it, it move in a perfectly straight line in like 1 ms, it dosen't click on anything. But I will run that scan.

About a month ago i had the "same" problem, i say the "same" because mine is a wirless mouse... and it's a little bit different.

A possible solution that worked for me:

First unplug/turn off your mouse.

Then grab a Q tip(the thingy that you use to clean your ear wax with a cotton in both sides) put some rubbing alcohol but not dripping wet, just a little moisture then clean the lens of your mouse, when you think you are done, use the other side of the Q tip and dry it.

It should work, if not... maybe someone will tell you what is it.

Good luck!

Enigma.

Hmmmm. Ok, it seems to happen when my internet is being used, no one is controling it, it move in a perfectly straight line in like 1 ms, it dosen't click on anything. But I will run that scan.

May be your Mouse is dieing an old mouse of mine does not move properly sometimes when I move it, btw if it is a virus I recommend clearing out your "%homepath%\AppData\Local\Temp" Thats where most RAT's place themselves

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

May be your Mouse is dieing an old mouse of mine does not move properly sometimes when I move it, btw if it is a virus I recommend clearing out your "%homepath%\AppData\Local\Temp" Thats where most RAT's place themselves

Ok, I deleted everything in my temp folder. About a minute after that though a little window popped up and said: "You have applications that can open this program" I didn't open anything, I didn't even touch my computer, I was on my phone.

Start with the most basic ...

Clean the mouse pad and clean the laser sensor on the mouse. Go from thurr.

i3-4170, H81 board, 8GB DDR3, Crucial M4, GTX 770, Xigmatek Vangaurd Case, Creative Titanium X-fi, Razer Carcharias, 500w PSU, 24" VA panel and a 42" IPS. Thinking about getting a plant.

Start with the most basic ...

Clean the mouse pad and clean the laser sensor on the mouse. Go from thurr.

believe me, I've tried

Ok, I deleted everything in my temp folder. About a minute after that though a little window popped up and said: "You have applications that can open this program" I didn't open anything, I didn't even touch my computer, I was on my phone.

What Program is it referring to

What Program is it referring to

dosen't say, i use windows 8. I have figured out that it is my mouse causing the problem, I plugged in another and it works fine, if you take a look at the laser on the rat 7, its very small, I don't know how I can clean it without damaging it.

Clean your desk/mousepad. Works for me ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*