Logitech G710+... Should I get it?

JujuShinobi

When I saw Linus' video about the Logitech G710+, I was like... "I HAVE TO GET THIS". I plan to get this keyboard for my first ever mechanical keyboard since it has the functions I need/want and it also uses Cherry MX Brown. I would get blues but I don't really like the noise. So if any has any experience with it and like to share their opinions on it, please do. Because right now I am still saving up for it so I can take my time making my choice of mechanical keyboards.

What's your primary purpose of computing? Some switches may benefit others based on what they do on the computer.

How often do you game? What kind of games?

All depends on what games you're playing.

I have a Corsair K90 and find myself constantly accidentally leaning my fingers on A and D when playing driving games, causing me to crash. Pretty sure this is due to the board using MX Reds, so something like Blacks (harder to depress) might be better suited for me, although i rarely play driving sims.

would say : go for K95 or even Roccat Ryos MK Pro (you can CHOOSE which Mk's you want!)

I wouldn't suggest G710+ because few of my friends bought it and for all of them it's making some annoying noise.. they've contacted Logitech and they said : "It may be normal that your Keyboard is making such noises."

But maybe there is be a "fixed" version of G710+ out there

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

would say : go for K95 or even Roccat Ryos MK Pro (you can CHOOSE which Mk's you want!) I wouldn't suggest G710+ because few of my friends bought it and for all of them it's making some annoying noise.. they've contacted Logitech and they said : "It may be normal that your Keyboard is making such noises." But maybe there is be a "fixed" version of G710+ out there

Annoying noise? that seems very vague. Of course it would have a noise effect when you type on a MX Brown. It's apart of it being mechanical, it's not as loud as a MX Cherry Blue but it still has a sound to it when you type when compared to a membrane keyboard.

Personally, first find the MX Cherry Switch that you desire (Red, Black, Blue, Brown) that best suits your needs.

Then find a keyboard brand that you like and find one with that MX cherry key (Steelseries make nice gaming keyboards if you're into gaming a lot -- they offer Black & Red switches).

Blue: I'd go with DAS Keyboard

Other keyboard brands to mention: Filco Majestouch and Ducky.

What's your primary purpose of computing? Some switches may benefit others based on what they do on the computer.

How often do you game? What kind of games?

Well, I do type a lot from time to time. But not as much as programmers. And I would mainly use it for gaming

would say : go for K95 or even Roccat Ryos MK Pro (you can CHOOSE which Mk's you want!)

I wouldn't suggest G710+ because few of my friends bought it and for all of them it's making some annoying noise.. they've contacted Logitech and they said : "It may be normal that your Keyboard is making such noises."

It would be better if you could describe the noise =/ And I do not trust/like Roccat products so that is a now for me. And I tried red switches for a good 2hours at a friend's place... it was not my cup of tea

would say : go for K95 or even Roccat Ryos MK Pro (you can CHOOSE which Mk's you want!) I wouldn't suggest G710+ because few of my friends bought it and for all of them it's making some annoying noise.. they've contacted Logitech and they said : "It may be normal that your Keyboard is making such noises." But maybe there is be a "fixed" version of G710+ out there

Annoying noise? that seems very vague. Of course it would have a noise effect when you type on a MX Brown. It's apart of it being mechanical, it's not as loud as a MX Cherry Blue but it still has a sound to it when you type when compared to a membrane keyboard.

Personally, first find the MX Cherry Switch that you desire (Red, Black, Blue, Brown) that best suits your needs.

Then find a keyboard brand that you like and find one with that MX cherry key (Steelseries make nice gaming keyboards if you're into gaming a lot -- they offer Black & Red switches).

Blue: I'd go with DAS Keyboard

Other keyboard brands to mention: Filco Majestouch and Ducky.

Well the problem is, in Singapore it is ridiculously hard to find ANY keyboard from Ducky, Filco or DAS. All I find is either Razer Black Widow or the K90. But I will look into it. And I may consider buying the keyboard off Amazon then using vPost to ship to Singapore. Thanks for the advice though =)

G710+ is actually one of the quietest mx brown keyboards I've typed on (mostly because of the included o-rings).

I watch a streamer that use to use a Black widow, He switched to the G710+ and he said it was really good.

If you really need the macro buttons, media keys and white backlighting on a board with mx browns then it is likely perfect for you, but if you can live without either of those features you should consider picking up a cheaper keyboard instead as the buttons used are pretty much the same (keycap material differs slightly between makes/models).

If you really need the macro buttons, media keys and white backlighting on a board with mx browns then it is likely perfect for you, but if you can live without either of those features you should consider picking up a cheaper keyboard instead as the buttons used are pretty much the same (keycap material differs slightly between makes/models).

I see, well I would use the macro buttons since I plan to play MMOs like SWTOR or something along the lines when I get my new computer. And media keys is a big iffy. Since my Turtle Beach X12s already have volume controller on it.

I have the keyboard and I mainly bought it because of the MX brown switches, media keys, and back lighting. Previously, I have tried the DAS keyboard, and though the G710+ is not as good, it is close enough for me (feels a little softer). The back lighting is extremely bright and I find the media keys to be very helpful. There are only six dedicated macro keys, but up to three different profiles and on-the-fly macro recording. Not sure if you would want to, but perhaps you could get something like the Logitech G13, Razer Nostromo, or Razer Orbweaver to put alongside your keyboard.

I have the keyboard and I mainly bought it because of the MX brown switches, media keys, and back lighting. Previously, I have tried the DAS keyboard, and though the G710+ is not as good, it is close enough for me (feels a little softer). The back lighting is extremely bright and I find the media keys to be very helpful. There are only six dedicated macro keys, but up to three different profiles and on-the-fly macro recording. Not sure if you would want to, but perhaps you could get something like the Logitech G13, Razer Nostromo, or Razer Orbweaver to put alongside your keyboard.
Thanks for the information, and are those things you listed gamepads that add extra macro keys of sorts?

I bought myself G710+ yesterday,i will post my impressions in a few days. This will be my first mechanical gaming keyboard too. I couldnt decide between RED or Brown switches but after i saw logitech G710+ i decided why not start with something. You really cant tell which switch would be better for you, just have to try them. After browns my second keyboard will be with RED switches.

I bought myself G710+ yesterday,i will post my impressions in a few days. This will be my first mechanical gaming keyboard too. I couldnt decide between RED or Brown switches but after i saw logitech G710+ i decided why not start with something. You really cant tell which switch would be better for you, just have to try them. After browns my second keyboard will be with RED switches.
It would be very helpful of you if you posted the link to your review on this forum thread, I would like to see what you think about it

My first experience was very good. Typing is much better on this keyboard then on my old rubber dome. very responive and built quality feels nice. I wont go back to rubberdome keyboards ever again. Actually very guiet, just a little bit lauder then my rubber dome logitech keyboard but its normal. I cant compare to any other mechancial keyboard since this is my first one. Felt a bit heavy but its very sturdy which is good. Wire is very thick and made from rubber. Braided are better for me but not an issue. Just as i expected, nice for typping and for gaming. Actualy i felt better in games with this keyboard, like if suddenly got an small edge. Nothing much to say about backlighning, white feels nice and you can control brightness levels or turn them off, very usefull at nights buti cant watch on them for long. Media keys are usefull touch, i muted my music and changed volume.

PS. Sorry about double post.

I just bought the 710+, the noise annoyed me ever so slightly at first but it's so good that the noise just stops being a factor after a while. If you can afford it then I say go for it!

My first experience was very good. Typing is much better on this keyboard then on my old rubber dome. very responive and built quality feels nice. I wont go back to rubberdome keyboards ever again. Actually very guiet, just a little bit lauder then my rubber dome logitech keyboard but its normal. I cant compare to any other mechancial keyboard since this is my first one. Felt a bit heavy but its very sturdy which is good. Wire is very thick and made from rubber. Braided are better for me but not an issue. Just as i expected, nice for typping and for gaming. Actualy i felt better in games with this keyboard, like if suddenly got an small edge. Nothing much to say about backlighning, white feels nice and you can control brightness levels or turn them off, very usefull at nights buti cant watch on them for long. Media keys are usefull touch, i muted my music and changed volume.

PS. Sorry about double post.

No problem and thanks for the non biased feedback. Stuff like this really does help =)

I've recently bought the G710+ as my first mechanical keyboard and it feels great to type on while looking boss at the same time! I don't have any problems with it and have no idea what people are on about when they say it whines or makes noises as mine is silent. It's great for both typing and gaming, definitely a good choice of keyboard.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

• 2 months later...

I want to get this but its due to come out in MAY in australia - must be getting transported by snails.

thinking on getting the corsair instead , g keys are important when you play arma

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I want to get this but its due to come out in MAY in australia - must be getting transported by snails.

thinking on getting the corsair instead , g keys are important when you play arma

Well, having 18 G keys which 2/3 of which you cant or barely can reach is kind of a bad thing. I have been using the G710+ for sometime now I the profiles thingy works wonders. I suggest you wait.

well pre - order has just come out and its a joke - $197

I think logitech has just priced this keyboard out of its market place, seeming as you can buy it online from the states for around 100

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/accessories/logitech/logitech-g710-mechanical-gaming-keyboard/682403

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I'm rather surprised no one has ever mentioned CM Storm keyboards. The G710+ is a good keyboard from what I've heard its not really the keyboard for the most part its going to be the switches that make it or break it for you. As for me I absolutely hate typing on reds, if I got my first mechanical keyboard not knowing the switch feels I may or may not have grabbed reds and just absolutely hated mechanical keyboards off of that assumption. Currently I'm using a QuickFire Rapid with Blues and its a great keyboard, Cooler Master makes great keyboards and they're a lot cheaper than most of the keyboards out on the market. So if you can I would try to find somewhere you could try all the switches. I own a Ducky Shine 2 with Browns and I think the transition from membrane -> mechanical was great with that keyboard, currently my dad uses it though considering the backlight is very appealing to him. The build quality of Ducky, CM, and Filco are really good.

Meh I bought it for $200SGD and feel that it is worth it