So I tried OGPSSAA

Destin
Go to solution Solved by Goodmane,

Nvidia Experiance should also fix it. 4k is not supported by most monitors. While setting up those resolutions, when you click on Test wait till the timer ends. That way you'll know if your monitor will have problems at that resolution. Sometimes they just give image at first, but after 5-6 seconds screen will just go black and some weird stripes will happen. So it is best to wait till timer ends before giving OK to resolution.

And Geeforce Experiance can't change your game settings when you fist scan them. So make sure you scan the games first, go in game change some settings. Re-scan after changing settings in game. And make sure optimize button is available.

I used the Nvidia control panel to make my monitor do 2560x1440 then I did 4k, and everything was going well until.... I set CSGO to 4k. My screen just flashes, and I can't get into the game to change my resolution back to 1080p thus the game is now unplayable. How can I change my games resolution back when I can't even open it? The monitor is back on 1920x1080 btw, windows 8.1 wasn't being stable.

CPU: i7 4770k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Mobo: Gigabyte z87 ud3h Memory: 16GB Corsair Veng. 1866MHz  GPU: EVGA SC 780 PSU: Corsair ax850 Case: Define R4 BlackOut Edition SSD: Samsung 840 EVO HDD: Two WD Black 7200RPM 1TB

I used the Nvidia control panel to make my monitor do 2560x1440 then I did 4k, and everything was going well until.... I set CSGO to 4k. My screen just flashes, and I can't get into the game to change my resolution back to 1080p thus the game is now unplayable. How can I change my games resolution back when I can't even open it? The monitor is back on 1920x1080 btw, windows 8.1 wasn't being stable.

if you right click the game in the steam library there's a "repair" option somewhere that should fix it

if you right click the game in the steam library there's a "repair" option somewhere that should fix it

ea05d92dba.png

I guess I'm missing it

The game opens and I hear the sounds of the main menu I just can't see anything and my screen flashes like a madman.

CPU: i7 4770k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Mobo: Gigabyte z87 ud3h Memory: 16GB Corsair Veng. 1866MHz  GPU: EVGA SC 780 PSU: Corsair ax850 Case: Define R4 BlackOut Edition SSD: Samsung 840 EVO HDD: Two WD Black 7200RPM 1TB

Nvidia Experiance should also fix it. 4k is not supported by most monitors. While setting up those resolutions, when you click on Test wait till the timer ends. That way you'll know if your monitor will have problems at that resolution. Sometimes they just give image at first, but after 5-6 seconds screen will just go black and some weird stripes will happen. So it is best to wait till timer ends before giving OK to resolution.

And Geeforce Experiance can't change your game settings when you fist scan them. So make sure you scan the games first, go in game change some settings. Re-scan after changing settings in game. And make sure optimize button is available.