Watchdogs issues

cnapier39428

Does anyone have this game and not have problems with it? Lol but anyway I digress... I have a 780ti and am running this game at 2560*1440 and here's the problem I'm having with it, I was using 337.50 drivers and it averages right under 60fps at full settings but it has this crazy issue where it will lag for a few frames when I drive a car or move the camera around I tried bumping the settings down a little I tried running at low settings I even tried it at 1080 and it still does it..I upgraded to 337.88 drivers and now when I start the game up it starts windowed and when I change it to full screen it freezes and crashes so I can't play it at all to see if the hanging issue is better or not...anyone else having this problem?

It's most likely the game and it's poor optimization. Don't worry about it too much, they should fix it soon. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Disable Uplay overlay but on the game, it's working worse than BF4 was on the Launch.

CPU:Intel I7-6700k , CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO MB: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, Ram: Kingston 2666 Mhz 16GB, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0, PSU: Corsair AXi 860W, HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1x2TB, WD Green 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Samsung 1TB, SSD Samsung 840 120GB (OS DRIVE), SSD Samsung 840 250GB, Case: Enermax Fulmo GT.

Don't have the game but from what I've gathered it is UPlay screwing with it. Playing offline or disabling the overlay should fix it.

I remember the first Assassins Creed being unplayable for some time because of this same issue with Uplay.

it's VRAM...the game states it require 3GB for Highest texture settings but in fact the middle one (2GB) use about 2700MB AT 1080péééthe 3GB use over 3.8GB at 1080p...i DEEPLY regret my GPU choice...i should have went with a r9 290 4GB !!! DAMN

OP put it on the 2GB setting for texture and the stuttering will go away...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

it's VRAM...the game states it require 3GB for Highest texture settings but in fact the middle one (2GB) use about 2700MB AT 1080péééthe 3GB use over 3.8GB at 1080p...i DEEPLY regret my GPU choice...i should have went with a r9 290 4GB !!! DAMN

OP put it on the 2GB setting for texture and the stuttering will go away...

I've tried 1080 at the lowest settings it still did it

I've tried 1080 at the lowest settings it still did it

might be something else then...the game run's fine on my 780 but i have to go with the 2gb texture settings otherwise it stutter like crazy, i play at 1080p though.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

might be something else then...the game run's fine on my 780 but i have to go with the 2gb texture settings otherwise it stutter like crazy, i play at 1080p though.

SLI 780's and I confirm about exceeding the VRAM even on Normal. When I play on Normal textures it sometimes goes up to 2.7GB (1080P)

CPU:Intel I7-6700k , CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO MB: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, Ram: Kingston 2666 Mhz 16GB, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0, PSU: Corsair AXi 860W, HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1x2TB, WD Green 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Samsung 1TB, SSD Samsung 840 120GB (OS DRIVE), SSD Samsung 840 250GB, Case: Enermax Fulmo GT.