Intel VS AMD!

All games.

What is a good all rounder?

I went AMD myself because I was on a budget, and planned on adding to/upgrading things later. If you are going to splurge a bunch of money on a single 780, maybe stick with a 770 and then go for a better cpu with the extra cash? I built my initial rig with $800 and i had to do a lot of add ons later on throughout about 6 months to boost performance (including upgrading gpu from 650 ti boost to 770) 

I would say that if you aren't going to be buying peripherals, monitor, etc. then go ahead and get a 4770k. might as well spend the few extra bucks for the performance.

Which one do i pick? :)

SImple answer, when you answer simple questions.

Do you play MMO's, Rust, Day-z and or are going REALLY HUGE on GPU's? Go Intel I5 K and z97. Intel just dominates in MMO performance and poorly threaded games with a ton of players on screen. 

Do  you do the above and stream a ton and or record a lot of gameplay in taxing games and or render a lot? Get an I7 and a z97. An I5 CAN stream, but the I7 is simply better if your budget allows you to get one AND the GPU power you want. Just games and casual streaming/rendering? You will see little improvement over an I5.

Are you on a strict budget, do not care about those games and need every buck you can to get a GOOD GPU. Get an AMD 8320 and pair it with a very affordable Gigabyte UD3P board and OC it and it will be fine. I would also pair the AMD CPU with a AMD GPU since you get Mantle and this will help in BF4, Star Citizen. Add to that a r9 280 is like 220 on newegg. GOOD r9 290's are like 399. On a strict budget an I5 non K could also work on a cheap board but remember, that these cheap boards aren't SLI/xfire boards even though boards will claim xfire. If the second lane is 4x 2.0? It is garbage. KNOW that before going with a cheap board. If you are planning 4 k later or want to add a second card? I would go z97. Spending money on an enthusiast AMD board is a complete waste now that Z97 is here and will take Broadwell.

Are you loaded, have no budget and want to roll three 780ti's and render like a boss. Get a Hexa I7, and mail me a 780ti (thank you in advance). 

If going all out and Intel and if you are thinking about water cooling as well? Might want to wait for Devil's Canyon I5 or I7 on Intel. 

The rest of the chips simply make no sense to me. I3 can play an MMO pretty well but just sucks at rendering/streaming. 6300 fx is damn near the same price as a 8320 so why bother. If you are going AMD you are going to be stuck on that platform (no new chips), so you might as well grab the 8 core.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.