Maxthon Cloud Browser

spwath

OK So this is my review of this browser, that probably many people have not heard of. I Used to use (a long time ago) Safari, then firefox, then chrome, then opera, now im using Maxthon. And i love it. So many fetures, alot less ram usage than chrome. OK so let me start with some stuff, has nice fetures, like seen in this screenie. (you can choose what ones display up top)

screen4.png

It has a nice informative bottom bar too

screen5.png

And an optional side bar, tho i find it repetative of top bar.

And it has a wonderfull night mode that works great on any page. (alll these things ive said come pre-installed on browser)

Screen1.pngScreen2.pngScreen3.png

So Overall i say, its one of the best. Speeds are simmilar to the rest, and things just work (unlike opera i was finding)

I would definatly recomend it to all, many fetures i could not use, but others would.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Ooh I love the Mobile version to, hear gesture control and it's just nice.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Update: the cloud part isn't as integrated as I would like, as it does not know login info across signed in devices, but opera had no cloud (for now) and I just have to enter in my stuff one time so it's fine. Cloud I can sync tabs and some other stuff

i've used Maxthon since the MyIE Wiki days

i wonder if the Auto-Refresh Tabs bug is still present? (when you had more then 15 tabs opened, at random they would all refresh or the Browser would Crash)

overall though the Browser has ALWAYS been light weight with resources  and been my Fav. for a long time and still is

i've used Maxthon since the MyIE Wiki days

i wonder if the Auto-Refresh Tabs bug is still present? (when you had more then 15 tabs opened, at random they would all refresh or the Browser would Crash)

overall though the Browser has ALWAYS been light weight with resources and been my Fav. for a long time and still is

Yeah, opera uses slightly less ram but has some other problems

• 2 weeks later...

I use Maxthon on my phone, it's the best of all I tried.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

I use Maxthon on my phone, it's the best of all I tried.

Yeah I'm using it right now to type this

I use Maxthon for my phone too but it can't seem to make me switch over Chrome on desktop.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I use Maxthon for my phone too but it can't seem to make me switch over Chrome on desktop.

I quite enjoy desktop, and you can remove the large sidebar

I've tried Maxthon before. It was quite a usable browser, although I didn't like that left bar and it kept popping up even after I disabled it. Maxthon Search Bar was quite good but I had difficulty adding my own search engines.

Ultimately I had to switch back to Firefox because of the lack of an adblocking plugin like Adblock Plus. Maxthon has an internal adblocking system but as far as I have experienced it only worked 10% of the time at the most.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I've tried Maxthon before. It was quite a usable browser, although I didn't like that left bar and it kept popping up even after I disabled it. Maxthon Search Bar was quite good but I had difficulty adding my own search engines.

Ultimately I had to switch back to Firefox because of the lack of an adblocking plugin like Adblock Plus. Maxthon has an internal adblocking system but as far as I have experienced it only worked 10% of the time at the most.

My sidebars stays gone. And I don't use add block. But the maxthon one that I use that is built in is nice as it just blocks annoying pop up adds and such

Update: found a dual tab feture by pressing f10

post-53826-0-46318300-1403187825_thumb.j

• 10 months later...

Hey a little update:

The newest version of Maxthon comes with Adblock Plus pre installed and running.

Horray for maxthon!