Share your Watch Dogs Gameplay Video With Performance Analyzing

RDilux

Me first!

Share your video of watch dogs with framerate so we get a small collection of videos with some performance analyzing so we know really what GPU we need.

I make a list of min framerates on CPU/GPU/RAM Combo + Settings + Driver version

Resolution don't matter!

Infomation

High Preset With Ultra Textures With FXAA

minimal framerate: 30FPS

avg framerate: around 45FPS

i7 4700mq 3.4Ghz, GTX 780m 4Gb 1045/6000Mhz, 8GB 1600Mhz

Driver: Geforce 337.88

Or look at this.

I know it's better to have a video to see more than avg fps, but the likelyhood of an exact match with many variables at play is very unlikely, so I'd settle for someone with the same PC as me or similar to forecast my approximate performance, or in the absence of that the benchmark charts are there, albeit with no minimums.

b7cz6u1tvcdvfcsa7bac.png

Or look at this.

That's ultra settings and only avg FPS. with same cpu across the board. My HD7750 is obviously not meant to run 1920x1080 ultra.

The way the OP wants it, is tons of different generation CPU's and different Vram cards and generations with evidence of settings causing major blow to performance or any anomalies related to specific set-ups.

Probably state drivers as well!

I'm redownloading the game with a hotfix, will post later. Going to try 1080p on my big screen to see just how CPU bound I truly am.

i3-4170, H81 board, 8GB DDR3, Crucial M4, GTX 770, Xigmatek Vangaurd Case, Creative Titanium X-fi, Razer Carcharias, 500w PSU, 24" VA panel and a 42" IPS. Thinking about getting a plant.

That's ultra settings and only avg FPS. with same cpu across the board. My HD7750 is obviously not meant to run 1920x1080 ultra.

The way the OP wants it, is tons of different generation CPU's and different Vram cards and generations with evidence of settings causing major blow to performance or any anomalies related to specific set-ups.

I'm redownloading the game with a hotfix, will post later. Going to try 1080p on my big screen to see just how CPU bound I truly am.

Yeah I agree, I wasn't hijacking it's for people like me who don't have the game/whos exact system isn't posted by another user to get a rough idea of GPU performance without a CPU bottleneck below 4770K.

Or look at this.

b7cz6u1tvcdvfcsa7bac.png

i don't see the GTX 780m listed there ;)

i don't see the GTX 780m listed there ;)

My anus is prepared for replies like this, I said 'Or' with no mention of 'instead'.

I don't have the game, and if nobody posts my exact specs then that list is as good as it's getting for me. :)

My anus is prepared for replies like this, I said 'Or' with no mention of 'instead'.

I don't have the game, and if nobody posts my exact specs then that list is as good as it's getting for me. :)

no, because the game may vary on frametate depending on CPU OC + GPU OC + Ram Speed + Resolution + Custom Settings and the base is on avg fps instead of min and avg to get a real performance you need the min fps also to get the idea how the game is running on the hardware with the custom preset

the drivers adding is a good idea indeed also vram adding is also nice

also adding ram to it this game eats 4/5GB of ram even had a error that the ram was full and i have 8gb of ram so i think 16gb is needed on high/ultra either that or close all programs xD

no, because the game may vary on frametate depending on CPU OC + GPU OC + Ram Speed + Resolution + Custom Settings and the base is on avg fps instead of min and avg to get a real performance you need the min fps also to get the idea how the game is running on the hardware with the custom preset

II said 'as good as it's getting for me'.

I know it's better to have a video to see more than avg fps, but the likelyhood of an exact match with all those variables is very unlikely so I'd settle for someone with the same PC as me or similar to forecast my approximate performance, or in the absence of that the benchmark charts are there, albeit with no minimums.

Also resolution won't be a variable because OP asked for 1080p only. ;)

II said 'as good as it's getting for me'.

I know it's better to have a video to see more than avg fps, but the likelyhood of an exact match with all those variables is very unlikely so I'd settle for someone with the same PC as me or similar to forecast my approximate performance, or in the absence of that the benchmark charts are there, albeit with no minimums.

Also resolution won't be a variable because OP asked for 1080p only. ;)

time to change that :P

I just finished watching the benchmarking video released on youtube from LinusTechTips. (been watching the videos for a while but never on here) and I wanted a way to contact Slick and tell him how to improve Watch Dogs FPS and general performance. Im running a 4770 and a single 780Ti and in FULL settings i get more than 60 FPS (unless driving its 45-50) using nVidia Control Panel and I wanted all you guys to know about it and for them to make a profeessional video on it as I just made a quick half assed tutorial on how to fix the problems ive been hearing about. Please get this to Slick or Linus.

I will try Watch Dogs on 4 systems with the relevant main specs:

Intel LGA2011 i7 3960X (default speed) + 16GB System RAM + 2x R9 290X + 64bit Win8.1 Pro

AMD AM3+ FX8350 (deafualt speed) + 16GB System RAM + 2x GTX670 2GB + 64bit Win7 Pro

AMD AM3 X6 1100T (Default) + 8GB System RAM + GTX580 3GB + 64bit Vista HP SP2

Intel C2Q X9650 (3.5ghz) + 8GB System RAM + HD7970 + 64bit Win7 HP

Been busy installing the game and have not tried it yet, have also installed Cat 14.6 and FW337.88 in preparation for this game....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I will try Watch Dogs on 4 systems with the relevant main specs:

Intel LGA2011 i7 3960X (default speed) + 16GB System RAM + 2x R9 290X + 64bit Win8.1 Pro

AMD AM3+ FX8350 (deafualt speed) + 16GB System RAM + 2x GTX670 2GB + 64bit Win7 Pro

AMD AM3 X6 1100T (Default) + 8GB System RAM + GTX580 3GB + 64bit Vista HP SP2

Intel C2Q X9650 (3.5ghz) + 8GB System RAM + HD7970 + 64bit Win7 HP

Been busy installing the game and have not tried it yet, have also installed Cat 14.6 and FW337.88 in preparation for this game....

great i want alot of numbers so we can speculate what cause the framedrops the temps fix are cute but we need real fixes even in BF4 i get better framerates.

This is just like CoD ghosts...aka shit coded for the pc in the most cases (like driving)

im still waiting for more video's! xD

No need for any vids, just read this review from guru3d, basically, it boils down to VRAM and how badly optimized the game is...

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/watch_dogs_vga_graphics_performance_benchmark_review,1.html

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I get TERRIBLE stuttering when trying to drive at high speeds. Basically anything at high speed is terrible and unplayable.

3570k @4.2 and 2 msi 660ti pe in sli. Makes me believe that it really is vram optimization because going thru the city at high speeds calls for textures and shadows to be loaded into vram much more often and I do get pop in as it stutters.