Moto G in Australia?

(sorry if this is in the wrong spot)

So, this morning, to my dismay, my Lumia stopped detecting it's sim card. As such, I have begun my look into a new phone, and the Moto G seems to be a rather good option. However, Australia is horrible when it comes to finding tech, and as such I'm trying (and failing) at finding a 16 GB Moto G, so I was wondering if anyone on here knew where to find one.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

(sorry if this is in the wrong spot)

So, this morning, to my dismay, my Lumia stopped detecting it's sim card. As such, I have begun my look into a new phone, and the Moto G seems to be a rather good option. However, Australia is horrible when it comes to finding tech, and as such I'm trying (and failing) at finding a 16 GB Moto G, so I was wondering if anyone on here knew where to find one.

Isn't there any other smartphones on the market that are in your budget?

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Isn't there any other smartphones on the market that are in your budget?

Probably. I just have no idea of any that are good.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Probably. I just have no idea of any that are good.

What's your budget? I don't have an inkling for your price point in australia.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

What's your budget? I don't have an inkling for your price point in australia.

Right, it is arround $300, Closer to $200 is better.

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Right, it is arround $300, Closer to $200 is better.

sim free? I'm guessing you'll be unlocking the phone.

@elecxonica I have in mind that you could get a iphone 5C or iphone 4s but that's for you too decide.

I did check-up the Moto G and looks pretty sweet. (I encourage you if this is the best pick buy it or find somebody who has one.)

Nexus 5?

@elecxonica I have in mind that you could get a iphone 5C or iphone 4s but that's for you too decide.

I did check-up the Moto G and looks pretty sweet. (I encourage you if this is the best pick buy it or find somebody who has one.)

Nexus 5?

Annoyingly both of the iPhones and the Nexus are too expensive where i live. And the 16 Gig Moto G isn't avalible, which is a shame.

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Annoyingly both of the iPhones and the Nexus are too expensive where i live. And the 16 Gig Moto G isn't avalible, which is a shame.

sorry I cannot help you to a greater extent. :(

sorry I cannot help you to a greater extent. :(

That's ok, it's not your fault. Australia's prices are honestly S#!&.

Garrus - HP Stream 11

That's ok, it's not your fault. Australia's prices are honestly S#!&.

Maybe you could check on amazon aus for deals on cellular devices.