Stuttering when scrolling on websites

Sway9047

Hi,

I'm experiencing a stuttering issue when scrolling through websites. I can scroll smoothly for a while, but then it slows down, and it feels like the browser's FPS drops to 30 before returning to normal. This happens in Chromium, Brave, and Firefox. The issue started after I switched to an NVIDIA GPU; it didn't occur on my RX 6700XT. I thought maybe FreeSync wasn't working well with my display since it's not "G-SYNC certified" or whatever NVIDIA likes to call that, but disabling FreeSync entirely didn't help. It's a minor issue, but it's really distracting to me.

Specs:

• AMD Ryzen 5 5600
  • MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB @ 3600
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070
  • Lexar NM710 1TB NVMe
  • be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 750W PSU
  • Windows 11 23H2, latest updates installed

Do you have the correct GPU drivers installed? Make sure you have the most up-to-date Nvidia GeForce Experience Game Ready (or Studio) Drivers for that 4070.

As Unstable As LGA 1700

26 minutes ago, vanpuffelen said:

Do you have the correct GPU drivers installed? Make sure you have the most up-to-date Nvidia GeForce Experience Game Ready (or Studio) Drivers for that 4070.

Yeah, 555.99.

I had a similar issue when watching full screen videos on my browsers, youtube for example, the issue i found that fixed it was to turn off hardware accelerated gpu scheduling.

Thoush that was a tad irksome as dndbeyond uses rendered dice that run awfully with it off so its a constantly (on and off roughly once a week so not too bad) flipping switch for me as of recent

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem, max OC]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

Did you remember to do DDU before installing the NVIDIA driver after you switched? Surely sounds like a software issue but it's not a known driver issue. So I assume you have an isolated/personal issue. Try DDU in safemode and remove all AMD and NVIDIA softawre. Then go out of safe mode and isntall the latest driver.

1 hour ago, TatamiMatt said:

I had a similar issue when watching full screen videos on my browsers, youtube for example, the issue i found that fixed it was to turn off hardware accelerated gpu scheduling.

Thoush that was a tad irksome as dndbeyond uses rendered dice that run awfully with it off so its a constantly (on and off roughly once a week so not too bad) flipping switch for me as of recent

Tried that already, unfortunately it didn't make a difference 😞

1 hour ago, Jon-Slow said:

Did you remember to do DDU before installing the NVIDIA driver after you switched? Surely sounds like a software issue but it's not a known driver issue. So I assume you have an isolated/personal issue. Try DDU in safemode and remove all AMD and NVIDIA softawre. Then go out of safe mode and isntall the latest driver.

I did. Unchecked Windows Update driver installation, used the "remove driver and shutdown" option, removed RX 6700XT, put in the RTX 4070, plugged PC back in without network and installed the newest driver using NVCleanstall. I don't think it gets more cleaner than this :D. But I guess I can do it all over again just to be sure.