Is Intel Arc770 worth buying?

J98

So, I'm building a new PC and wondering if Arc770 is good bet? its 360 euros while the card I wanted was 7900 GRE (I know you can't compare the two but that's not the point) the question I have is, will this card last me next 4 years? Can you expect new titles to play well on this card? Like GTA 6 when it comes out? All in all should I go with this card and save 200 euros? Or will it be better to just invest that amount now

7 minutes ago, J98 said:

Can you expect new titles to play well on this card?

That's the biggest weakness of this card, compatibility is pretty hit or miss. Especially newer titles have problems.

For 360€ it's also way too expensive. Especially since next gen cards are going to drop in another quarter or two.

12 minutes ago, WereCat said:

For 360eur? Absolutely not

My bad. 320. But I guess that’s not better either, correct?

Just now, J98 said:

My bad. 320. But I guess that’s not better either, correct?

It's still way too much for the performance you'll get. At most 250eur for the 16GB version and 200eur for the 8GB version.

At 300eur+ just grab something like RX 6700 XT / RX 6750 XT which will be much more powerful or RX 7700 XT as I've seen them go for under 400eur few times if that's available to you.

9 minutes ago, WereCat said:

It's still way too much for the performance you'll get. At most 250eur for the 16GB version and 200eur for the 8GB version.

At 300eur+ just grab something like RX 6700 XT / RX 6750 XT which will be much more powerful or RX 7700 XT as I've seen them go for under 400eur few times if that's available to you.

Okay so one more question. Not related to GPU.

For a new build is am5 really needed? I mean what can I loose out on in the next 4 years (assuming I don’t upgrade till then)

17 minutes ago, J98 said:

Okay so one more question. Not related to GPU.

For a new build is am5 really needed? I mean what can I loose out on in the next 4 years (assuming I don’t upgrade till then)

more needed vs what? more context please

42 minutes ago, J98 said:

For a new build is am5 really needed?

If you are building a new system then AM4 is not recommended. AM5 is the way to go. Especially with the new Ryzen 9000 series coming next month prices are likely to drop a bit on the 7000 series after the launch. Being able to upgrade to the latest X3D CPU in a few years is a huge benefit, not to mention faster RAM and storage on AM5.

Also, cheap AM4 motherboards might only have PCIe gen 3 for the GPU, which can hamper GPU performance in certain scenarios. That won't be a problem with AM5.