broken pins?

i tried to remove deepcool gamaxx 400 white on an am4, i have ryzen 5 5600x i tried to remove it like in this tutorial 

however, i am not successful in removing my cooler so i just let it sit and will try next time however i tried to power it, the fans spins and the cpu fan spins but there is no post, have i broken my ryzen 5 5600x pins? i have asrock b550 pro se white

also i am unable to remove the screws to remove the am4 bracket to check for the cpu pins because somehow my screwdriver can’t screw the bracket because it is too big and the heatsink is getting in the way of screwing, am i possibly cooked here?

1 hour ago, boorish said:

i tried to remove deepcool gamaxx 400 white on an am4, i have ryzen 5 5600x i tried to remove it like in this tutorial 

however, i am not successful in removing my cooler so i just let it sit and will try next time however i tried to power it, the fans spins and the cpu fan spins but there is no post, have i broken my ryzen 5 5600x pins? i have asrock b550 pro se white

You often need to use a twisting motion to loosen the thermal compound, ideally while its still warm.

I've accidentally pulled a CPU out of its socket removing the heatsink before due to not following the above advice, its never damaged anything, but if you're unlucky and the socket is tight it can break pins.  It may also be you've pulled the CPU slightly out of the socket and it needs re-seating, preventing it posting.

If any pins are broken, you should at least be able to replace the CPU as they should fall out easily by turning the motherboard upside down and giving a little shake, once the CPU has been removed.

ASUS B650E-F GAMING WIFI + R7 7800X3D + 2x Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR5-6000 CL30-36-36-76  + ASUS RTX 4090 TUF Gaming OC

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) Backup: GL.iNet GL-X3000/ Spitz AX Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz) WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz)
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~1200Mbit down, 115Mbit up, variable)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

i am unsuccessful in removing the cooler deepcool gamaxx 400 because just like in the video above, pushing down the lever is already hard and i just gave up on removing it, i was planning in changing thermal paste 

also i ran cinebench for 10m before i tried to remove my cooler but i can’t unlatch it 

1 hour ago, boorish said:

also i ran cinebench for 10m before i tried to remove my cooler but i can’t unlatch it 

That latch can be pretty difficult to work with - it's one reason I hate using cooling that utilize that mechanism. Even AMD's own stock cooler uses screws that go into the backplate. As you lift up on the latch lever, you may have to move the latches around to get them to release. Also are the latches installed unevenly?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

"I didn't die! I performed a tactical reset!" - Apollolol

but is it possible that i broke my cpu pins by just attempting to remove the cooler? even though it was just an unsuccessful attempt?

37 minutes ago, boorish said:

but is it possible that i broke my cpu pins by just attempting to remove the cooler? even though it was just an unsuccessful attempt?

It's possible, but unlikely. I would focus on getting that cooler removed, and then inspect the CPU's condition after removing it from the socket.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

"I didn't die! I performed a tactical reset!" - Apollolol

hi just a quick update i managed to boot my pc and played games it seems stable but the only problem is i lost my dual channel privilege ;; is it because of the cpu cooler it might became loose as i tried to remove it oh btw all ram slots are working but dual channel is my main problem so im running it in single channel mode will update once i bought a decent screwdriver that can remove the cooler

• 2 weeks later...

hi just a quick update i managed to remove the cooler and found out there are no bent pins but i still can’t dual channel  what seems to be the problem?