Ryzen 9000 4 DIMM EXPO

jobolo23

Hello everyone,

I currently have a Ryzen 7700X CPU paired with 4x DDR5 32GB RAM sticks (Corsair Vengeance CMH64GX5M2B6000C30). I added the second set of RAM sticks just two months ago. After some testing, I managed to achieve a speed of 4200MT/s, but I haven't been able to reach the 6000MT/s speed I had before adding the second set.

My question is: Do you think upgrading to the Ryzen 9000 series CPUs would improve my RAM performance? Or are there other factors that might be preventing me from achieving the desired 6000MT/s speed with 4 DIMMs?

Best regards,
jobolo23

No clue the cpu's dont exist yet.

Ryzen and well also intels chips dont do well getting high speeds with 4 dimms. Need a lot of luck and fine tuning

same i/o die afaik so same thing with crap imc that cant clock quad rank

this is 128gb of ram right? cause 64gb (dual rank) should still do the same 6200-6400 as 32gb (single rank), just that these early gen ddr5 imcs are complete garbage at running quad rank 128gb/192gb hence the speeds you are seeing

if you dont need all 128gb id buy a kit of 2x48 for 96gb of ram or just wait for 64gb dimms to come out once 32gbit ics are released for the consumer market

3 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

same i/o die afaik so same thing with crap imc that cant clock quad rank

this is 128gb of ram right? cause 64gb (dual rank) should still do the same 6200-6400 as 32gb (single rank), just that these early gen ddr5 imcs are complete garbage at running quad rank 128gb/192gb hence the speeds you are seeing

if you dont need all 128gb id buy a kit of 2x48 for 96gb of ram or just wait for 64gb dimms to come out once 32gbit ics are released for the consumer market

Yes it is 128gb.
I mean 96gb would probably be enough too but since I already had 64gb I added another 64gb instead of buying 96gb and having to sell the 64gb. I've been on 4200MT/s for two months now and it's fine but if i can get more i would.

For what it is worth, AMD's spec for the 9000 has upgraded 2 sticks to 5600 (from 5200), but 4 sticks remain at 3600.