How likely for cpu coolers to bend the motherboard during travels ?

Currently got the id cooling 224xt which weighs around 890 with 2 fans.Im trying to decide between aio and peerless assassin.From what ı have seen peerless weighs around  980 grams.I have traveled with the id cooling without issues.Is there any risk with the peerless ? I got a MATX board btw

10 minutes ago, Cheersmate said:

Currently got the id cooling 224xt which weighs around 890 with 2 fans.Im trying to decide between aio and peerless assassin.From what ı have seen peerless weighs around  980 grams.I have traveled with the id cooling without issues.Is there any risk with the peerless ? I got a MATX board btw

How are you transporting the PC?

If you have in your car or something....if you put the PC down on it's side, it should be fine.

If the PC HAS to stand upright, then IMO, better to remove the CPU cooler OR put some foam or something to fill the empty space inside the PC.

That said, you SHOULD be fine with either...unless the PC is getting tossed around.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

1 minute ago, -rascal- said:

How are you transporting the PC?

If you have in your car or something....if you put the PC down on it's side, it should be fine.

If the PC HAS to stand upright, then IMO, better to remove the CPU cooler OR put some foam or something to fill the empty space inside the PC.

That said, you SHOULD be fine with either...unless the PC is getting tossed around.

With a car.Its only a 5 min drive to the pc shop and back home.I usually get my brother to sit with the pc on his lap.He usually positions the top of the case below his neck so it sits at an angle and not completely straight forward. 

Just now, Cheersmate said:

With a car.Its only a 5 min drive to the pc shop and back home.I usually get my brother to sit with the pc on his lap.He usually positions the top of the case below his neck so it sits at an angle and not completely straight forward. 

Oh, you're fine then.

If you were moving from... one state to another (e.g. loong drive) then that's another story.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

19 minutes ago, -rascal- said:

Oh, you're fine then.

If you were moving from... one state to another (e.g. loong drive) then that's another story.

Would you suggest getting an aio ?I got the budget for it but im scared of it leaking

22 minutes ago, Cheersmate said:

It will be fine 😄  The id cooling 224xt is a small cooler.

I have been traveling to LAN parties for over 20 years with many different systems, some running NH-D14's and NH-D15's and AIO's

Never been a problem, always put the computer down on its back panel on the rear seats on top of some blankets to reduce vibrations.

3 minutes ago, Cheersmate said:

Would you suggest getting an aio ?I got the budget for it but im scared of it leaking

AIO's rarely if ever leak.  Never actually seen or heard of an AIO leaking.  Thats not to say it doesn't happen but it has to be extremely rare.  Not a worry to have.

Pump failure and clogging is the main killer of AIO's.

9 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

It will be fine 😄  The id cooling 224xt is a small cooler.

I have been traveling to LAN parties for over 20 years with many different systems, some running NH-D14's and NH-D15's and AIO's

Never been a problem, always put the computer down on its back panel on the rear seats on top of some blankets to reduce vibrations.

Im thinking of getting the peerless assassin though.I guess there isnt that much weight difference between them

1 minute ago, Cheersmate said:

Im thinking of getting the peerless assassin though.I guess there isnt that much weight difference between them

The PA SE120 is a great cooler and as long as you don't jump speedbumps in your car it should be good 🙂

Just lay it on some blankets or a duvet so it has some energy absorption, worked for 20 years with my systems.

Have literally transported my PC probably 1200 miles at this point? and never had an issue, including the hard drive. So long as you have adequate vibration assistance, you're bueno for transport.

8 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

Have literally transported my PC probably 1200 miles at this point? and never had an issue, including the hard drive. So long as you have adequate vibration assistance, you're bueno for transport.

Which cooler do you have ?

3 hours ago, Cheersmate said:

Which cooler do you have ?

Just the regular stock cooler (size constraints on sleeper build), but if a normal WD Blue has gone 1200 miles through rough PA roads/highways, your cooler is fine. It would need to be like a D15 or AK620 to have a chance of doing any sort of meaningful movement in the 5 minutes to the shop, unless you are on like unpaved mountain roads

3 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

Just the regular stock cooler (size constraints on sleeper build), but if a normal WD Blue has gone 1200 miles through rough PA roads/highways, your cooler is fine. It would need to be like a D15 or AK620 to have a chance of doing any sort of meaningful movement in the 5 minutes to the shop, unless you are on like unpaved mountain roads

Nope its just ordinary city roads with couple of bumps.I just looked at the AK620's weight and damn it weighs almost 2 kgs lol.PE SE weight is pretty close to my ıd cooling 224 xt anyway and that has been through many drives to the shop

14 minutes ago, Cheersmate said:

Nope its just ordinary city roads with couple of bumps.I just looked at the AK620's weight and damn it weighs almost 2 kgs lol.PE SE weight is pretty close to my ıd cooling 224 xt anyway and that has been through many drives to the shop

Yeah, so long as you aren't like strapping it to the roof standing up and going full FedEx on it, you'll be plenty safe taking to the shop

3 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Yeah, so long as you aren't like strapping it to the roof standing up and going full FedEx on it, you'll be plenty safe taking to the shop

Thank you.Btw bit of a random question but how do you clean your mousepad ? I have always used the smallest ones so ı never really cleaned them but recently got gifted a big one that covers both mouse and keyboard and it really holds a lot of dust and cat hair

28 minutes ago, Cheersmate said:

Thank you.Btw bit of a random question but how do you clean your mousepad ? I have always used the smallest ones so ı never really cleaned them but recently got gifted a big one that covers both mouse and keyboard and it really holds a lot of dust and cat hair

I don't use a mousepad, I'm a controller gamer for the most part. But my recommendation would be some mild soap, and if you have one of those silicone baby bath scrubbies, those work really well for fabric cleaning with oily substances and hair. We used those with our couch when we still had our elkhound (visually, effectively a 35lb version of a husky-GSD cross, was adorable but the shedding was constant and excessive)

29 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

I don't use a mousepad, I'm a controller gamer for the most part. But my recommendation would be some mild soap, and if you have one of those silicone baby bath scrubbies, those work really well for fabric cleaning with oily substances and hair. We used those with our couch when we still had our elkhound (visually, effectively a 35lb version of a husky-GSD cross, was adorable but the shedding was constant and excessive)

Thank you