Possibly software related rebooting issue

DaltonM

I have upgraded every single part (aside from the case). New mobo, m2 drive, cpu, ram, gpu, psu. But the computer continues to randomly reboot and BSOD. sometimes it lasts for 1 min, sometimes for 30. 

I am seriously at a loss. Any ideas why this might happen? 

Have you already tried a fresh install of the OS? Or did you clone your old drive to the new one?

Just now, YoungBlade said:

Have you already tried a fresh install of the OS? Or did you clone your old drive to the new one?

It's a fresh install. I deleted everything 

I tried to reinstall Windows and it rebooted during the install process 😕 100% of the parts in this PC are brand new (except for the case). Is there some wild way the case could be affecting it? I made sure the reset switch was plugged in the correct way and it does function as it should 

pull the system out of the case, and stick it on top of the motherboard box.  

Try installing windows in that config.  (If you have an onboard iGPU, you can skip the PCIE GPU for simplicity)

3 minutes ago, tkitch said:

pull the system out of the case, and stick it on top of the motherboard box.  

Try installing windows in that config.  (If you have an onboard iGPU, you can skip the PCIE GPU for simplicity)

I will have to get that 😕 I don't have igpu I have r5 5600

then use the GPU.  That's no big deal.  (It just would have been easier for troubleshooting with the iGPU.)

8 minutes ago, tkitch said:

then use the GPU.  That's no big deal.  (It just would have been easier for troubleshooting with the iGPU.)

I tried it and its still happening:(

what've you got for hardware?  

All the parts

Specs?
Are you able to get windows installed or is it BSODing before you get there? What does the BSOD say?
If you can get windows installed, grab BluseScreenView and look at what it thinks it causing it

5950X/4090FE primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

1 minute ago, OddOod said:

Specs?
Are you able to get windows installed or is it BSODing before you get there? What does the BSOD say?
If you can get windows installed, grab BluseScreenView and look at what it thinks it causing it

Ryzeb 5 5600, pny 4060, 32 GB crucial ddr4, nzxt c750 psu, wd black 1tb m.2

Windows is getting installed, I can use the OS but it randomly reboots. It reboots during updates when it tells me not to turn off PC. It reboots during the recovery trouble shooting, it even reboots during windows install. 90% of the time I dont get the BSOD, just goes black and then boots as if nothing happened.

Just got a BSOD during windows install process. I couldn't get a pic because it was so fast.. wait with my camera app open now.

1 minute ago, DaltonM said:

Just got a BSOD during windows install process. I couldn't get a pic because it was so fast.. wait with my camera app open now.

20240617_141751.jpg

20240617_141841.jpg

14 minutes ago, DaltonM said:

just goes black and then boots as if nothing happened.

That's a dead PSU

5950X/4090FE primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

1 minute ago, OddOod said:

That's a dead PSU

I have tried 3 different PSU. 2 old one, and today a brand new one. 

Also got another BSOD

20240617_142423.jpg

Okay so I think it could have possibly been a bad stick of ram.... The errors I am getting are pointing to memory errors. I just installed my 2nd stick today so I took the first one out, the one that was In when the troubles were occuring. Going to try to reinstall Windows again

So I havent had any random, sudden reboots. I installed windows from a USB, it appeared to have completed properly but I get this error 😕 I reinstalled like it asked and it gave it again 

20240617_143950.jpg

Go to C:\Windows\Minidump and check if you have any minidump files. If you do, go back to the Windows folder and copy the Minidump folder itself to the Downloads folder (You can use the desktop if you don't have OneDrive syncing files). Zip the copied folder and attach it to a post. Please follow the instructions to the letter as Windows doesn't like you messing with files in this location.