Should i care for hotspot temp in gaming laptop?

Hello, um i want to ask about the hotspot temp on gaming laptop, especially mine its Asus tuf a15 fa506ic, r7 4800h and rtx 3050 mobile, i know that in laptop high temp is like normal (its scary though) and yes i down my cpu speed and it drops from 100C to 87C , but for GPU side (i don't know its good or not) the GPU temp is on low 80, but the hotspot is 103 C all the time when gaming, so is that still okay? Or should i change the  paste? I actually think to change the paste to PTM 7950 is that good?

Posted (edited)

relay hard to say laptopts for the most part just run hot but some have weird cooling so by trying to fix it might make it worse... 🤷‍♂️

dont no if you can downclock a gpu on a laptop (dont see why not 🤔)

with out geting in to moding not much els you can really do.

i would try look up reviews of it and maybe a tairdown and see form there.

i no its really hard to find un payed  info on stuff and trying to find temps if there is any...

i looked for weeks on a laptop to and still got one the thermal throttled... 🤷‍♂️

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

relay hard to say laptopts for the most part just run hot but some have weird cooling so by trying to fix it might make it worse... 🤷‍♂️

dont no if you can downclock a gpu on a laptop (dont see why not 🤔)

with out geting in to moding not much els you can really do.

i would try look up reviews of it and maybe a tairdown and see form there.

i no its really hard to find un payed  info on stuff and trying to find temps if there is any...

i looked for weeks on a laptop to and still got one the thermal throttled... 🤷‍♂️

yeah the windows setting for downclock is only for cpu and i try the msi afterburner it didnt has any effect, i read some articles and few videos about change the paste to ptm 7950 and change the pad with putty helps the temps go down and last longer so i dont have to repaste it,but not in this forum, so i ask in these forum and hope somebody already try it.

for thermal throttled i didnt think i get it cause the gameplay is still smooth with obs recording so i dont think mine has throttled but the 103C on the HOTSPOT is concerning me. but the GPU temp is actually still below GPU thermal limit so yeah back to my title should i care about the hotspot temp as much as i care about the GPU temp?

oh and thanks for answering, i really appreciate it 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sirin said:

yeah the windows setting for downclock is only for cpu and i try the msi afterburner it didnt has any effect, i read some articles and few videos about change the paste to ptm 7950 and change the pad with putty helps the temps go down and last longer so i dont have to repaste it,but not in this forum, so i ask in these forum and hope somebody already try it.

for thermal throttled i didnt think i get it cause the gameplay is still smooth with obs recording so i dont think mine has throttled but the 103C on the HOTSPOT is concerning me. but the GPU temp is actually still below GPU thermal limit so yeah back to my title should i care about the hotspot temp as much as i care about the GPU temp?

oh and thanks for answering, i really appreciate it 

ya i dont no what that answer is and seems people go back and forth on what it means. i found this and well some say its the hot est part on the gpu and can change well others say its the center on the gpu so 🤷‍♂️ question us how much difference is too much...🤷‍♂️

for laptops thow temps sound normal to me but for a desktop might be a bit hier but just guessing

i seen videos of people re pasting there gpu and droping the hotspot 20-30c but 🤷‍♂️ was it the past or was it the mount🤷‍♂️ 30c drop from past sounds too good to be true

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links