Is this upgrade right for my needs?

I have an Lenovo office prebuilt with i5-4750 and 8gb of ram but no video card. I am thinking of buying an additional 2x1 rams and nvidia GeForce gtx745. My question is will the system with the made upgrades support web browsing, office and 720p youtube on win 11? I can’t upgrade the processor because there aren’t any available in my country. Thanks in advance!

12 minutes ago, Asen Ikonomov said:

I have an Lenovo office prebuilt with i5-4750 and 8gb of ram but no video card. I am thinking of buying an additional 2x1 rams and nvidia GeForce gtx745. My question is will the system with the made upgrades support web browsing, office and 720p youtube on win 11? I can’t upgrade the processor because there aren’t any available in my country. Thanks in advance!

technically the pc as is will be good for those tasks, albeit a little slow. but only on win 10. you can force an upgrade to win11 but really there's no use. especially with no security updates. but yeah. some extra ram should do you good. depending on the price of the gtx745 tho you could do a little better. if a $100 is an amount you're willing to spend then you should look at cards like the rx470/570/580/590. you might need a highly risky adapter cable for power but it should generally be alright and you'd be able to do a lot more.

26 minutes ago, Asen Ikonomov said:

i5-4750

its the secret i5 4750 with 4 cores and 6 threads

29 minutes ago, Asen Ikonomov said:

My question is will the system with the made upgrades support web browsing, office and 720p youtube on win 11?

the machines already fine for that

where are you experiencing sluggishness specifically?

im pretty sure you can solve all your problems by just adding another 4gb stick for 12gb of ram in dual channel, now that the cpu isnt crippled by single channel itll be alot faster, same thing especially for the igpu so videos will now play smoother, and now that you have more ram you can open more tabs and whatnot

13 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

its the secret i5 4750 with 4 cores and 6 threads

the machines already fine for that

where are you experiencing sluggishness specifically?

im pretty sure you can solve all your problems by just adding another 4gb stick for 12gb of ram in dual channel, now that the cpu isnt crippled by single channel itll be alot faster, same thing especially for the igpu so videos will now play smoother, and now that you have more ram you can open more tabs and whatnot

Sorry for the typo, I meant 4570. as for the ram, it's already dual channel. The slugginess is mainly on youtube videos . I already have a ssd so that is not a problem . I am also searching for a low profile card. With that said, do you think it will be good for my usecase? Thanks again!

7 minutes ago, Asen Ikonomov said:

Sorry for the typo, I meant 4570. as for the ram, it's already dual channel. The slugginess is mainly on youtube videos . I already have a ssd so that is not a problem . I am also searching for a low profile card. With that said, do you think it will be good for my usecase? Thanks again!

It's just fine if you stay on Windows 10.

1 hour ago, Asen Ikonomov said:

Is this your system? https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Optiplex-9020-Business-Desktop/dp/B096CYVKJ2

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.