240Hz Owners Speak Up!

9 minutes ago, venomtail said:

144hz to 240hz is very noticeable. Like a difference between flavoured milk vs a milkshake, both are good but omg the milkshake, mmmm so good and tasty...! I go into a matrix mode when playing Mordhau and when I had to play on 144hz for a while I felt like a blind cripple. Same with shooters. 240hz I've got all the time in the world to aim at the enemy (my shit aim has a negative effect to accuracy) so it's a solid recommendation from me.

Of course there's more to 240hz like motion clarity, pixel response and so on but if all are as good as they get, I can't really go back to 144hz. Only problem is that not that many games actually can be played at 240hz, only eSport ones or really well optimised new games. For example, many games themselves have engine caps of 144fps like Titanfall 2 and because of that Apex Legends has a falloff in fps stability past 144. GTA 5 has to be capped at 181 to avoid insane stutter cause the engine's shitting bricks.

Had normies and grandparents try and see the difference and most can't, some even say the 60fps is the same as 120 or 240. Only time they sort of agree is the UFO test. 

Yeah I agree, the difference was noticeable even just on the desktop.

I wasn't expecting my PC to run every game at 1440 240fps, but I play a lot of esports so there are only a few titles where this isn't the case

I went back to 144 to see if I could tell and it felt a bit sluggish - I seem to notice downgrades more than upgrades

Apprentice Software Developer