Advice on 2nd hand buy

Go to solution Solved by TristenM,
14 minutes ago, BentleyOwen123 said:

looks good, low tier am4 has a great upgrade path, you can go 5600x later for ~100, and then 5800x3d for ~300, the 5800x3d isnt even a bottleneck for a 4080 super

I appreciate your response!

I’m going to see if I can wiggle him down a bit from $550, seems to have a solid upgrade path should I choose to beef up the CPU/GPU

Budget (including currency): ~$500 CAD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 1080p gaming, possibility of audio recording

Other details 75hz ASUS monitor, have peripherals including mic/mouse/keyboard already

Hello friends,

I'm considering purchasing a second hand PC off of Facebook Marketplace, appears to be a reputable seller

My current specs are

CPU: i5 3570k @ 3.4ghz

PSU: 450w Corsair

MB: ASRock Z77 Extreme4

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960

RAM: 16gb

Storage: Samsung SSD 860 evo 500gb

PC in question is:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

PSU: 600w Thermaltake

MB: Rog Strix b550f

GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB

RAM: 16gb Corsair veng ddr4

Storage: 1tb gen4 firecuda starwars edition rgb m.2 nvme SSD

He's asking for $550 CAD, might be able to wiggle down - but overall, is the build path worth spending the money on? Or would it better to just buy newer hardware

I don't tend to game a lot, but notice that with current CPU I can't even keep LoL & a webpage open at the same time without impacting performance.

Let me know if there's any other questions, happy to respond.

I have a few other GPU's sitting around and would be willing to part ways with my current PC set-up, wouldn't expect much more than $200-250?

looks good, low tier am4 has a great upgrade path, you can go 5600x later for ~100, and then 5800x3d for ~300, the 5800x3d isnt even a bottleneck for a 4080 super

14 minutes ago, BentleyOwen123 said:

I appreciate your response!

I’m going to see if I can wiggle him down a bit from $550, seems to have a solid upgrade path should I choose to beef up the CPU/GPU

if you have it in your budget you could sell the 2600 right when you get it and spend an extra ~40 to get a 5600(x)