DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error when trying to access a work site

KN923

Hello everyone!

My boss sent me a link for a project management work website (think something like Oracle or Microsoft Power BI) but upon trying to access it, I am met with the error: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN . I'm not too sure what's causing this error or how to fix it, though it might be worth noting that I am in a different country from them. Their office has no issue accessing this website, so their IT department doesn't know how to help me either as this is a new system they've recently migrated to. 

I've tried all the fixes suggested by Chat GPT and google Gemini but to no avail. I've also tried:

accessing with a different device

accessing on a different network

using a VPN

using a different browser (I've tried chrome, edge and Opera GX)

flushing DNS

changing DNS to cloudflare (1.1.1.1) and google (8.8.8.8)

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Since this is a work site I would assume you need to use the VPN provided by your workplace. So the solution is not to use just any VPN but the VPN provided by your employer.

The message NXDOMAIN (non-existent domain) means your computer can't resolve the host name to an IP. Which most likely means you need to be dialed into your work network, so that you get their DNS server, which can resolve the domain.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply