4mm to big... sigh

Go to solution Solved by Marie Rose,

Holy shit! It fits but man that is one tight fit! This MSI Gaming X 1080ti is about to bring much more joy to this world through out many gaming sessions. 🙂 This was just a quick test to see if it fits. Now time to assemble the system! I will be replacing the molex argb fans to corsair ones I have.IMG20240507163606.thumb.jpg.60559b3132ab6f009d0ff8d0f7983e99.jpg

IMG20240507163535.jpg

IMG20240507163622.jpg

Will I be able to force this legendary gpu in?
Aerocool CS-107 v2  GPU IS 1080Ti Msi Gaming x 

GPU Clearance Supports GPU up to 286mm (without front radiator)
Case Dimensions (Internal) 183 x 350 x 290 mm (W x H x D)

1080Ti Msi Gaming x 
Length 290 mm

LINKS:

CASE 
CS-107 - AeroCool

GPU MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database

I might have to hit it with a hammer or use a dremmel to the back of the front fan holder a little bit for extra room / clearance.
Thoughts? Got the parts already but i am away.

5 minutes ago, Marie Rose said:

Will I be able to force this legendary gpu in?
Aerocool CS-107 v2  GPU IS 1080Ti Msi Gaming x 

GPU Clearance Supports GPU up to 286mm (without front radiator)
Case Dimensions (Internal) 183 x 350 x 290 mm (W x H x D)

1080Ti Msi Gaming x 
Length 290 mm

LINKS:

CASE 
CS-107 - AeroCool

GPU MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database

Might have to hit it with a hammer or dremmel the back of the front fan holder a lil bit for the room.
Thoughts? Got the parts already but i am away.

Hammer or snip snip. Make yourself a comfy support bracket with the front fan mount. You might not be able to use the factory fans though if you can't space them apart enough for the GPU to fit between them. I do this with my Fractal Design North and my RTX 4090, but there's enough room to where its not a spacing issue, more of an airflow advantage not having a fan blocked by the GPU cooler.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

17 minutes ago, Agall said:

Hammer or snip snip. Make yourself a comfy support bracket with the front fan mount. You might not be able to use the factory fans though if you can't space them apart enough for the GPU to fit between them. I do this with my Fractal Design North and my RTX 4090, but there's enough room to where its not a spacing issue, more of an airflow advantage not having a fan blocked by the GPU cooler.

Good idea for the support bracket!

I think I'll be able to install the front fan anyway since I'll be putting it to the outside of the "internals." So directly under the front panel. I think that part of the case does not measure into the "internal dimensions" mentioned above. Or Am I wrong?

15 minutes ago, Marie Rose said:

Good idea for the support bracket!

I think I'll be able to install the front fan anyway since I'll be putting it to the outside of the "internals." So directly under the front panel. I think that part of the case does not measure into the "internal dimensions" mentioned above. Or Am I wrong?

Actually, it looks like the fans mount in front of the support bracket. The clearance listed for a GPU is only with a radiator, which you'd mount through the front fan mounts.

Its quite possible you can simply space the fans out and/or cut the front fan mounting bracket to fit your GPU. I would just cut it at the top and bend it down to act like a little support bracket for the end of the card.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

4 minutes ago, Agall said:

Actually, it looks like the fans mount in front of the support bracket. The clearance listed for a GPU is only with a radiator, which you'd mount through the front fan mounts.

Its quite possible you can simply space the fans out and/or cut the front fan mounting bracket to fit your GPU. I would just cut it at the top and bend it down to act like a little support bracket for the end of the card.

Yeah, I was thinking like that too. I'll find out in a couple of days! 🙂 It's a cheap case so the metal will be easily manipulated for more clearance.

9 minutes ago, Marie Rose said:

Yeah, I was thinking like that too. I'll find out in a couple of days! 🙂 It's a cheap case so the metal will be easily manipulated for more clearance.

Most definitely, I've had to do this several times.

Back in 2014, I had a Fractal Design Node 804 that I cut the motherboard tray's connection to the front simply using a multitool's pliers because I had two 780ti Classifieds with Corsair H50 120mm AIOs mounted using NZXT Kraken G10s with a Corsair H100 on the i7 4930k, but I wanted all 3 radiators mounted in the rear compartment. Cutting the tray let me mount the 2nd 780ti's 120mm AIO on the lower right front 120mm fan position (the case is 2x2 120mm on the front and top).

Not a great pic, but it works. Second radiator had to go somewhere.

image.thumb.png.4927a1888d67ae3637f98145b1d0d1f4.png

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

51 minutes ago, Agall said:

Most definitely, I've had to do this several times.

Back in 2014, I had a Fractal Design Node 804 that I cut the motherboard tray's connection to the front simply using a multitool's pliers because I had two 780ti Classifieds with Corsair H50 120mm AIOs mounted using NZXT Kraken G10s with a Corsair H100 on the i7 4930k, but I wanted all 3 radiators mounted in the rear compartment. Cutting the tray let me mount the 2nd 780ti's 120mm AIO on the lower right front 120mm fan position (the case is 2x2 120mm on the front and top).

Not a great pic, but it works. Second radiator had to go somewhere.

image.thumb.png.4927a1888d67ae3637f98145b1d0d1f4.png

Looks clean to me and most importantly you got it all in there and it works! 🙂

Here is a good video showing the case. Mine is being delivered rn, day or two for it to arrive here.

Holy shit! It fits but man that is one tight fit! This MSI Gaming X 1080ti is about to bring much more joy to this world through out many gaming sessions. 🙂 This was just a quick test to see if it fits. Now time to assemble the system! I will be replacing the molex argb fans to corsair ones I have.IMG20240507163606.thumb.jpg.60559b3132ab6f009d0ff8d0f7983e99.jpg

IMG20240507163535.jpg

IMG20240507163622.jpg