I want to know which Linux would run the best on this pc for web browsing and youtube if possible also I need one that supports usb wifi adapters.

Specs:

Cpu:AMD Athlon Xp 2200+ 1.8 ghz.

Ram:1 gb ddr

Mobo:Gigabyte 7VM400M-RZ

Video:ATI rage 128 pro ultra 32m SDR dont know if better than integrated.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

Ubuntu, mint, or elementary os would be good. I am using elementary os on my laptop with a 1.1ghz i3 and 4gb and it runs like a champ.

*edit* Here is a screenshot.

post-33678-0-65495200-1400992374_thumb.p

post-33678-0-65495200-1400992374_thumb.p

if youre only browsing and watching youtube, they will all generally do the same thing. it comes down to a preference in in the UI. for most desktop users that means mint or ubuntu. ive also heard good things about fedora

Are the default web browsers secure?

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

i know that ubuntu comes pre installed with firefox which is a mainstream browser. however if your goal is security then you could check out tails which routes all its traffic through the tor network

Linux Light is good, its a distro designed to speed up low specced computers.  It comes bundled with allot of important applications like Libre Writer, Presetation etc.  I like Ubuntu for people who are noobs at Linux or have high speced machines.  Linux Light is best for you IMO. 

Ubuntu, mint, or elementary os would be good. I am using elementary os on my laptop with a 1.1ghz i3 and 4gb and it runs like a champ.

attachicon.gifScreenshot from 2014-05-24 22:31:54.png

point of the screen shot is? also what ltt ewwww 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Peppermint/ Puppy/ Xubuntu/ Lubuntu and PC Linux OS

attachicon.gifScreenshot from 2014-05-24 22:31:54.png

if youre only browsing and watching youtube, they will all generally do the same thing. it comes down to a preference in in the UI. for most desktop users that means mint or ubuntu. ive also heard good things about fedora

Thanks for the the responses and I guess ill take a look at Elementary first and second will be Peppermint.

Thanks for the the responses and I guess ill take a look at Elementary first and second will be Peppermint.

happy to help.

point of the screen shot is? also what ltt ewwww 

To show him the user interface of elementary.

To show him the user interface of elementary.

ahh didnt notice the toolbar above the browser 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Also do USB WiFi adapters work on Linux?

Not sure, never tried.  But theres probably a driver out there somewhere.  Linux generally has decent compatibility.  So it "should" work.  

you just have to try

yesterday i tried ubuntu 14.04 on a certain computer, and the usb wifi adapter doesn't work

it's a cheap stupid one tho