MemTest86-20240424-143813.logMemTest86-Report-20240424-144026.htmlDIMMResults-20240424-190015.bmpThis post is a follow-up to this "How to Solve Kernel Powerl Failure / Event ID 41 permanently?"

_

So, since I couldn't fully identify the cause behind it, I thought that the motherboard may be at fault because it couldn't deliver power efficiently; I took the entire PC setup except for the monitor and other peripherals to Asus's service center in April 1st and had them diagnose the PC. I described the entire thing to them and they told me it would take probably more than 2 weeks to diagnose since the problem requires each component to be tested individually. After 4-5 days of testing, they found an issue with the SSD and told me to replace it and replacing the SSD would fix it. I brought the PC home and at the time, I didn't have a new SSD so I ordered a new one and in the meantime, I installed Windows on my HDD. During that time, I still got the "Kernel Power / Even ID 41"!!! Can you believe it! This was a week or 10 days after I bought the PC home. I think Asus just kept on testing components and they probably started with the SSD and found error and just stopped testing other components.

When I brought the PC home and I tried booting up with the Faulty SSD connected; but the BIOS couldn't detect the SSD at all. So my guess is, either they somehow damaged it during the test or it died during the test. I need to clarify one thing here about the ASUS Service Center. Asus operates officially in my country. There are Asus Experience Centers throughout the country. But there are no Asus engineers from abroad like Canada or USA. The brand trained engineers from its official distributor. If you search Asus's website for service center locations in my country, the service centers of the distributor come up with their name on it but not like "Asus Service Center" rather "ABC Service Center" shows up. Therefore, I was a bit skeptical about how thoroughly they would actually do the whole test, so my guess is they didn't do their job properly even though their work reflects Asus's brand value and customer experience quality. If you even search their engineer's mobile number on WhatsApp, it shows Asus ROG's Logo. So they are the "official engineers of Asus Brand" or so to speak. I am not sure how things work in the USA and other countries.

Anyway, the SSD had run fine on my end since 2020 and crystaldisk or Hdd sentinel never showed any error when I was running it for the past years. At the moment, I am running Lexar NM620 256GB SSD and the error has appeared twice so far after the installation of the new SSD and 2 more times while the OS was on the HDD. A screenshot of this log is attached (only post-new SSD period).

So my current guess is that maybe the RAM is faulty and I need to do a thorough test. I have already run a Memtest86 on one of my 16GB kits. I had reverted to the default settings from BIOS before doing that. I had updated my BIOS to the latest version. The app had a 4-pass test settings set by default and I got a pass on that. One more stick of 16GB needs to be tested. Now, after doing the test on one stick, I searched on the internet and found many users reporting zero errors on one software while hundreds of errors on another software. Furthermore, on Memtest86, one user got no error on Pass-1 but got errors on Pass-2 and mine got zero error on all. So, I have a few questions.

1) How accurate are these tests?

2) How many passes should I set to get a thorough result on Memtest86?

3) Should I use multiple software and run tests on all of them?

4) Should I test one RAM on all slots and do the other RAM like this too? Could the slots be faulty as well?

5) Should I also test using Windows Memory Diagnosis? Because that takes way too long, and Memtest86 took 4 hours+ for one 16GB stick. I don't mind the time but it is a bit tedious tbh. But, I aim to get a thorough result. So, should I?

Kernel Power_13.PNG

IMG_20240424_144109.jpg

IMG_20240424_180521.jpg

IMG_20240424_185945.jpg

• CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 5700X - CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 - Motherboard : ASUS TUF x570 GAMING PLUS WiFi - RAM : Corsair Vengence LPX 16 GB 3200 MHz x 2 - GPU : Zotac GeForce GTX 1660Ti Non-AMP - Case : Corsair Graphite Series 760T - Storage : Lexar NM620 M.2 256GB ; Seagate Barracuda 4 TB 5400 RPM ; Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 7200 RPM x2 - PSU : Corsair HX850 80+ Platinum - Display(s) : LG 24” FHD IPS 3-Side Borderless Monitor with Dual HDMI -  Keyboard : A4 Tech - Mouse : A4 Tech - Sound : Microlab TMN1 4:1 - Operating System : Windows 10 64 bit version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.4291)

Did you try a new PSU?

One of my friends had the exact same Kernel 41 error and after RMA'ing his CPU, RAM and even trying a spare GT710 as display output instead of his 6900xt it turned out that his Antec Signature 1300 was faulty and was outputting wrong voltages.

Memtest in itself is a pretty comprehensive Memory tester but to test the stability atleast run it for a few more hours atleast 8-10 or overnight would be the best. But first try out a new PSU. 

• AMD Ryzen 7 5700X Stock
  • B550 Aorus Elite V2 Rev1.2
  • G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600Mhz 32gb (8gb x4)
  • MSI Mech 2X RX6600
  • Deepcool AK620 WH
  • Deepcool CK500 WH
  • Kingston A2000 250gb + WD Blue 1tb HDD, Sn550 1tb + MX500 1000gb
  • Antec EAG Pro 750 80+G
  • Benq Mobiuz EX2510 144Hz

26 minutes ago, Tech Reprise said:

Did you try a new PSU?

One of my friends had the exact same Kernel 41 error and after RMA'ing his CPU, RAM and even trying a spare GT710 as display output instead of his 6900xt it turned out that his Antec Signature 1300 was faulty and was outputting wrong voltages.

Memtest in itself is a pretty comprehensive Memory tester but to test the stability atleast run it for a few more hours atleast 8-10 or overnight would be the best. But first try out a new PSU. 

Yes, I did try a new PSU. This post is a follow-up, in my previous post, I mentioned that as well. I had Thermaltake 700W Smart RGB 80+ Bronze. I ditched that and bought Corsair HX850 80+ Platinum, still the problem persists.

• CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 5700X - CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 - Motherboard : ASUS TUF x570 GAMING PLUS WiFi - RAM : Corsair Vengence LPX 16 GB 3200 MHz x 2 - GPU : Zotac GeForce GTX 1660Ti Non-AMP - Case : Corsair Graphite Series 760T - Storage : Lexar NM620 M.2 256GB ; Seagate Barracuda 4 TB 5400 RPM ; Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 7200 RPM x2 - PSU : Corsair HX850 80+ Platinum - Display(s) : LG 24” FHD IPS 3-Side Borderless Monitor with Dual HDMI -  Keyboard : A4 Tech - Mouse : A4 Tech - Sound : Microlab TMN1 4:1 - Operating System : Windows 10 64 bit version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.4291)