Secondary Monitor Connection Issues

JohanKjeldahl7

Hello there!

I have an issue connecting my secondary monitor. (My PC and Displays are visible in my profile) 

Whenever I start my PC, my main monitor turns on as usual, but my secondary monitor stays in stand by mode. I had these issues for a couple months and everytime I turned on my PC, I would switch the cable from one output to another one on my GPU and in the Windows settings use 'Detect' to connect my secondary monitor.

Now, this doesn't work anymore. I have to manually take out the cable out of the GPU and monitor, wait around 10 seconds, put both of them back in, then press 'Detect' in Windows settings and start praying.

I have tried every combination of stand by settings in the Monitor settings, as well as the Windows settings. I have tried switching the main and secondary monitors in the software, as well as the hardware (changed the cables and so on).

As I said this has been going on for months now and I really don't know what to do. Please help :[

One final note, sometimes, after playing a game in windowed full screen mode, my secondary monitor goes into stand by mode after I closed the game. Happened in multiple games.

Thank you so much for reading and any advice you may have.

But now, fellow gamers, that was it for me. Please keep in mind, that this is just my personal opionion and I am no expert. Your system shall be cooled forever, see you next time.

Have you tried a fresh cable?

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

20 hours ago, OddOod said:

Have you tried a fresh cable?

Yes, I tried fresh cables, as well as trying different type of outputs and inputs (HMDI instead of DP and the other way around).

But now, fellow gamers, that was it for me. Please keep in mind, that this is just my personal opionion and I am no expert. Your system shall be cooled forever, see you next time.

Dang, my guess is that the monitor is dying. Sorry. 
If you can I'd definitely try it on a different computer and see if it still happens.
It's vaguely possible that a windows reinstall would fix it, but I'd be surprised. To see if it IS windows, you can boot a linux LiveUSB and try to trigger the issue.

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

On 4/25/2024 at 9:41 PM, OddOod said:

Dang, my guess is that the monitor is dying. Sorry. 
If you can I'd definitely try it on a different computer and see if it still happens.
It's vaguely possible that a windows reinstall would fix it, but I'd be surprised. To see if it IS windows, you can boot a linux LiveUSB and try to trigger the issue.

Thank you for the advice, I may be able to try it with my laptop as a secondary as well as a different Windows version.