Nest thermostat - True radient starts preheating way too early

Hello,

A few months back, I installed a Nest Learning Thermostat in my appartment. I turned on true radient since it seemed nice to have the home warmed up or at least already warming up when i get back from work.

I have set the schedule to be 21,5C at 5pm, however now I've started noticing that it starts preheating at 12pm (noon). This seems way too early since it reaches the 21,5C at around 2.30pm. This seems like a big gas waste to me. 

I tried turning the max preheat hours down to 2, 1 and 0 but I read that only has an effect during nighttime. 

Has anyone else been experiencing this? What are my options? I am thinking the following:
- Turn off Radient Heating and just schedule it to 21,5C at e.g. 4pm (an hour before I get home). However this doesn't seem logical since heating in winter and summer takes longer/shorter.
- Resetting the nest to (re)learn how long it takes to heat up?

Any other options/ideas/fixes?

Thanks in advance!

TBH, I'd recommend turning off all learning. If you want to automate things on it I'd rec Home Assistant. 
Nest failed HARD at the original promise. It's kinda remarkable. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

37 minutes ago, OddOod said:

TBH, I'd recommend turning off all learning. If you want to automate things on it I'd rec Home Assistant. 
Nest failed HARD at the original promise. It's kinda remarkable. 

Thanks for the response!

The thing with Nest is that it's supposed to take into account the current indoor temp, outdoor temp, etc. to calculate how early it needs to start heating, and it also modulates the temperature of the water going through my convectors. So when it needs to heat a lot, it will go up to 75C. When it's reached the requested temperature, it will lower to 30C for example. 

Looking back at this, this might be the reason it starts too soon. Could be that it thinks it needs to heat a lot and the burner is at 35-40C since it's not doing much, but then turns up the burner to 75C, which of course heats it quite fast.

I don't think there is a way to recreate such a system with home assistant.

1 hour ago, lightfire said:

it's supposed to take into account

Yup. Totally agree. Supposed to being the operative phrase. It's SUPPOSED to do all that. But it doesn't. At all. It's remarkably bad.

Could be that it thinks it needs to heat a lot

Potentially, but it *should* have learned by now how long it takes to heat up. It just hasn't. Because it's gorbagio. 
Don't get me wrong, I run a Nest system too. 

I don't think there is a way to recreate such a system with home assistant

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/proximity-settings-for-heating-pre-heat-and-turn-off/274980
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/predict-when-tracked-person-is-on-their-way-home/313043/5

There seems to be some movement in the space if you're game to check it out. I abandoned HA a while ago mostly because I couldn't dedicate the time and attention it needed to be useful in my house

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup