PC wont boot after Upgrade

I have recently upgraded to a 7900 xtx and got a new PSU to make sure I had plenty of power. I was running a 750w before and upgraded to a 1000w. But since I hooked up the new PSU, I cannot get the PC to boot. When i power up the PSU, RGB lights on the motherboard light up and then if I hit the power button the pc briefly lights up then dies, when I press the power button again, nothing happens. If I power down the PSU, let it discharge then power it back up I can try to power the PC again one more time before the Power button does nothing. I switched back to the old one and it does the same thing...
Any help would be appreciated... :)

Added a video of the issue. https://photos.app.goo.gl/fnwm9WSrA2DuFhqR9

Check your front-panel-header wires.

This sounds like you connected a LED to the reset switch 

16 minutes ago, Kisai said:

Check your front-panel-header wires.

This sounds like you connected a LED to the reset switch 

I have checked that, it isn't that.

10 minutes ago, Coding2bLazy said:

Tried with the old PSU?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

6 minutes ago, Coding2bLazy said:

Check the PSU cables then, because if you didn't use the PSU's cables it came with, this might happen.

1 minute ago, Kisai said:

Check the PSU cables then, because if you didn't use the PSU's cables it came with, this might happen.

I have tried both with no change

2 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Tried with the old PSU?

yes

Just now, Coding2bLazy said:

yes

Old GPU?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

2 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Old GPU?

Just tried, same issue

I had a similar issue over a decade ago when I messed up during an upgrade. I ended up frying my mobo by connecting my fan to the motherboard power and Molex power. I doubt you fried your computer, but there is some trouble shooting that we can do.

First I would try powering the device on directly from the motherboard by shorting the power pins. You can do this with a screw driver, wire or another conductive material that can short the pins. Please be cautious when doing this as there is potential to damage your computer if you do not jump the correct pins. The motherboard (MOBO) manual should cover the pin outs for the front pannel. After attempting this we can ask what has changed? does the computer post, do the fans spin, does the motherboard error code LEDs or 7 segment display change. Any of these changes can dictate what we will do next.

Assuming nothing changed, I would validate the new power supply works by testing it on older hardware that I own. If it is working under load on a different system I can rule it out as the main cause of the issue. If not, you know where to look... If you do not have a different system to test it on, try inspecting the pins on the male and female ends of the power connectors (on psu cables and mobo). Perhaps when chaining out the psu earlier some damage was caused. 

This is a bit of a longer shot but did the mother board move when changing PSU? If so there might be a short on the back, or with the standoff connector screws. It might be worth trying to boot the PC with the back panel off, ensuring the mother board is properly resting on the standoffs with the correct screws in place and ensuring that there is no clutter / debris causing a short off the back of the mother board. 

Please let me know if these help, or if anything changes when trying these out so we can further investigate this issue.

2 hours ago, clean said:

I had a similar issue over a decade ago when I messed up during an upgrade. I ended up frying my mobo by connecting my fan to the motherboard power and Molex power. I doubt you fried your computer, but there is some trouble shooting that we can do.

First I would try powering the device on directly from the motherboard by shorting the power pins. You can do this with a screw driver, wire or another conductive material that can short the pins. Please be cautious when doing this as there is potential to damage your computer if you do not jump the correct pins. The motherboard (MOBO) manual should cover the pin outs for the front pannel. After attempting this we can ask what has changed? does the computer post, do the fans spin, does the motherboard error code LEDs or 7 segment display change. Any of these changes can dictate what we will do next.

Assuming nothing changed, I would validate the new power supply works by testing it on older hardware that I own. If it is working under load on a different system I can rule it out as the main cause of the issue. If not, you know where to look... If you do not have a different system to test it on, try inspecting the pins on the male and female ends of the power connectors (on psu cables and mobo). Perhaps when chaining out the psu earlier some damage was caused. 

This is a bit of a longer shot but did the mother board move when changing PSU? If so there might be a short on the back, or with the standoff connector screws. It might be worth trying to boot the PC with the back panel off, ensuring the mother board is properly resting on the standoffs with the correct screws in place and ensuring that there is no clutter / debris causing a short off the back of the mother board. 

Please let me know if these help, or if anything changes when trying these out so we can further investigate this issue.

Tried these and nothing. Wondering if I shorted something. Just not sure how I would have. Its a large corsair case with standoffs and plenty of room. Just bad luck maybe

2 hours ago, Coding2bLazy said:

Tried these and nothing. Wondering if I shorted something. Just not sure how I would have. Its a large corsair case with standoffs and plenty of room. Just bad luck maybe

did the PSU work on a different system?

Easy way to tell if you are shorting the system is by trying to make a diy test bench setup with the motherboard box and seeing if you can boot the pc there. Don't run it like this for long, just to see if you get a proper boot sequence going. This would let us know that there is a short somewhere in the case.

Also try a different outlet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Just now, clean said:

did the PSU work on a different system?

Easy way to tell if you are shorting the system is by trying to make a diy test bench setup with the motherboard box and seeing if you can boot the pc there. Don't run it like this for long, just to see if you get a proper boot sequence going. This would let us know that there is a short somewhere in the case.

Also try a different outlet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Also if you are using a power bar try going directly into an outlet

7 hours ago, Kisai said:

Also check to make sure your 8 pin CPU cable is plugged in.

Using incompatible cables can also cause damage. Was your old PSU also a Corsair?  https://www.corsair.com/us/en/s/psu-cable-compatibility