M2 SSD Suddenly dissapeard after a game crashed.

PxHDB

Hi, I was playing darktide then it crashed. I tried to verify the game cache (maybe it could stop the crashes) then i saw a steam error disk and suddenly my ssd is not showing in W10 and in my Mobo (B450-F GAMING).

Any advice?

42 minutes ago, PxHDB said:

Hi, I was playing darktide then it crashed. I tried to verify the game cache (maybe it could stop the crashes) then i saw a steam error disk and suddenly my ssd is not showing in W10 and in my Mobo (B450-F GAMING).

Any advice?

Most likely scenario here is the SSD died and that caused the game to crash, rather than the other way around.

It could also be the SSD overheated, in extreme cases they will shut down entirely if that happens.  Does it work again if you leave the PC off for a while?  If not, its sadly likely dead.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Yeah that ssd is like nope i can't do it anymore I'm going to sleep forever.

Time to buy new one

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖

A lot of talk about dying SSDs lately 🧐

I'm willing to swim against the current.

1 hour ago, leclod said:

A lot of talk about dying SSDs lately 🧐

Probably cheap or lots of 10ish year old ssd is dying probably all of them have bought same month years ago.

Probably black friday.

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖

On 4/22/2024 at 11:20 PM, Alex Atkin UK said:

Most likely scenario here is the SSD died and that caused the game to crash, rather than the other way around.

It could also be the SSD overheated, in extreme cases they will shut down entirely if that happens.  Does it work again if you leave the PC off for a while?  If not, its sadly likely dead.

I think it died. I read from other forums that if i let the pc overnight it could be solved, but mine isnt. However it is kind of strange, I have been playing darktide for since it came (6 months i think) and now it f explodes hahaha.

On 4/23/2024 at 1:17 AM, BoomerDutch said:

Probably cheap or lots of 10ish year old ssd is dying probably all of them have bought same month years ago.

Probably black friday.

Yeah it could be that, a friend bought it cause it was cheap, the brand is teamgroup (never heard of them) but I have been using that ssd for a year and it never come to this. Soooo i will get another ssd but I will try to not save money.  damn

I have successfully retrieved data from a dead SSD before by unplugging it for 15mins or so and trying it again.  If it comes back grab what you want off it.

4 minutes ago, andy_man said:

I have successfully retrieved data from a dead SSD before by unplugging it for 15mins or so and trying it again.  If it comes back grab what you want off it.

Nope, I did that and well it never showed up. Maybe I just need to bury it. and buy other one. Thanks for the reply