Troubleshooting - No signal to my monitor.

Hello guys,

A year ago i've bought a new gpu rtx 4090 Zotac edition no OC.

But to be honest after update on nvidia driver 552.22 ( 16.04.2024) it giving me a black screen/no signal to my monitor after booting into windows.

I would add that in safe mode its working perfectly fine, no issues there at all, could stay there for hours if i wanted to.

Also in bios no issues with the monitor, it only happens aftering entering my pc's password that no signal to monitor.

I've done the following:

-Checked all the obvious ones, as cables/make sure they are plugged in properly, i'm also a neat guy so im keeping desk/inside the pc clean as well as making sure that all connectors to either PSU or components are plugged in properly.

-Changed a different power cable to monitor/HDMI cable/DP Cable and also changed the monitor - same problem, no signal after booting into windows.

-I've used DDU to fully uninstall the drivers for nvidia graphics card thinking that when i've installed it might corrupted something and that caused my issue. Now for this particular thing its working fine up until im updating my graphics card, once i've done that, right when all is installed, no signal to monitor.
Used in safe mode again DDU and uninstalled the drivers and i've installed the previously one i had which i never had any issues ( vr 552.12), not a single luck, problems in there as well, no signal after installing.

Now i actually gave up and started thinking the worse, that GPU might be a problem, which again never high temps at the best settings ingames, CPU Highest temp was 78-80,GPU never above 55, while the old GPU even reaches temps of 60-70 in higher demanding games ( with drivers installed for the GPU, also with 1080P monitor and not a 4K that i'm using for the RTX 4090).

I've tested the rams no problem, i've tested the CPU(which i was thinkin would be odd that CPU would cause me the problem.) but all good.

Swapped the GPU with my old one RTX 2070 Super and its actually working ok, no problem there, which again i'm thinking the worse that the RTX 4090 might be at fault.

But i've decided to install windows again, before doing that i've changed to my PSU original cable to RTX 4090 with no cablemod, it worked for 1 hour but then again crashed my game (not a high demanding game, TT isle of man 2) and it's going fully no signal.

Again i've taken out my HDDs and left only my SSD, it worked absolutly fine for about 7 hours and then it did a simply crash and after logging back to windows it worked again.

I've opened tonight my computer, straight to no signal to my monitor.

On pc, lights are working fine, GPU lights perfectly fine, GPU fans spinning as normal ( like i've advise if i dont have any graphics driver installed, if i unplug the internet cable i could stay for hours).

Only think i've tried, to take out my PSU and see if that might be a problem, on the PSU the fan is spinning for a split second when i turn out the pc, but then it never spins (with new GPU and old GPU) no spinning.

I took apart the PSU ( just to open the outer case of the PSU and then im confused now) my wife already said to me to buy a new PSU and i'll do just that.

But for my current PSU, one of the tanks inside (small one but quite tall) is bent and not straight also i do see some black (i have no idea what, could be liquid but dried) on top of the tanks (smaller ones).
Picture here: https://imgur.com/gallery/KZyrimb also attached to this topic.

In the end i've already made the decision with the wife and she did said, yes a new PSU since this one actually gives us bad vibes ( also 3 days before the update for the graphics card, so on 13/04/2024) , i've smelt a burning scent but i was actually instantly with my nose inside my case, called my wife and she said hmm, smells something but i can't be sure exactly of what. following day on the 14 i've been sick so i blamed the smell for my cold ( also it only smelt for a few hours up until i've closed my pc and only opened it at 10PM next day, after 16 hours of my pc sleeping. No more smell, but after 3 days of that smelling burning scent, just so happens to have this issue with the no signal to my monitor.

From the image, could this actually be a faulty PSU? And what could be those black liquid/material on top of them tanks inside the PSU?

I'm thinking its faulty since the fan its not spinning at all, only once at powering the pc and even underload (this only with old gpu, new one i can't test it since no signal) still PSU fan not spinning at all and just gives me bad vibes.

I've posted here another picture of the first things i've noticed when opening the PSU case: https://imgur.com/gallery/paQqCxx also attached to this topic the picture.

My normal component:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X ( Aio pump cooling fans)

GPUs: RTX 4090 Zotac Trinity Edition (new) RTX 2070 Super (old)

MB: Asus Tuf Gaming X570 - PLUS (no wifi)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3200MHz

PSU: Corsair RM1000X

SSD: 980 Samsung PRO M2 PCIe 4.0

Monitor: Gigabyte 28" 144HZ 4k HDMI 2.1 (supporting DP also).

OPW : Windows 10 PRO

Thank you so kindly for everyone who's going to see and responde to this topic!!

powersupply.jpg

powersupply2.jpg

UPDATE: In case anyone has the exact same problem as mine.

Facing the worse fears, i've got my new PSU today ( Asus ROG 1200W Gold Aura Edition Modular 80 Gold - ATX 3.0 PCIe Gen 5.0 Power supply) and i'm still having the issues.

It does lasts longer, but under certain loads (ingame also stress GPU Furmark) it will glitch and crash the computer, sometimes giving no signal to monitor shortly after the glitching and crashing happens)

For video games, it will depends, can be from 10minutes up to maximum of 7 hours tops i've reached.For Furmark, will be just 4/5 minutes into the stress test.

I'm going to apply for an RMA and proceed with the warranty and go from there.

Will update after RMA and hopefully it will get soon sorted out.

Thanks for anyone watching.