Need assistance in upgrading my GPU.

Hi, 

I'm looking for a GPU upgrade primarily for 3D workloads and moderate gaming.

My current build:
CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x 
Ram: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4 360OMT/s (x2)
GPU: RTX 2060 (was paired with a Ryzen 7 2700x)
PSU: 650watt
Mother board: x570
Cooler: Deepcool AK620

Budget & Location:
I reside in India, but willing to get the parts sourced from the US if necessary. Currently the upgrade i have planned seems to be around 850 USD (unfortunately thats what a 4070 super costs here). but would still need a recommendation as I'm not sure what to keep my budget at. Although mostly something below, lets say a 4080 or a TI.

Aim
1) I generally use my PC for 3D work: Maya, blender, substance painter, (wanting to delve into unreal engine.)
2) i also use it for gaming: mostly eSports titles, and some occasional AAAs. (Would be nice of the upgrade can handle new gen games close to 60. But not necessary)

Monitors
Currently own 2 monitors: both are 1080p (one is 144hz, and one is 60hz). Plan to add a 4k 144hz monitor in future replacing the 60hz, but mostly for content consumption. Would be nice if the upgrade can handle 4k eSports titles at 144hz.

Why are you upgrading?
Had to recently upgrade my CPU as my 2700x died. And since upgrading to a AM5 platform meant, upgrading the ram and motherboard, i found it feasible to upgrade to a R9 5950x. (The upgrade was in September last year). There are no issues as such, but i have been noticing my GPU vram being full most of them time, and having 100% utilisation in a lot of games. Which makes me think its time i get an upgrade.

Would appreciate assistance in selecting a GPU, PSU, and a Case for good airflow(also case fans). 

5 minutes ago, Bakugami said:

Hi, 

I'm looking for a GPU upgrade primarily for 3D workloads and moderate gaming.

My current build:
CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x 
Ram: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4 360OMT/s (x2)
GPU: RTX 2060 (was paired with a Ryzen 7 2700x)
PSU: 650watt
Mother board: x570
Cooler: Deepcool AK620

Budget & Location:
I reside in India, but willing to get the parts sourced from the US if necessary. Currently the upgrade i have planned seems to be around 850 USD (unfortunately thats what a 4070 super costs here). but would still need a recommendation as I'm not sure what to keep my budget at. Although mostly something below, lets say a 4080 or a TI.

Aim
1) I generally use my PC for 3D work: Maya, blender, substance painter, (wanting to delve into unreal engine.)
2) i also use it for gaming: mostly eSports titles, and some occasional AAAs. (Would be nice of the upgrade can handle new gen games close to 60. But not necessary)

Monitors
Currently own 2 monitors: both are 1080p (one is 144hz, and one is 60hz). Plan to add a 4k 144hz monitor in future replacing the 60hz, but mostly for content consumption. Would be nice if the upgrade can handle 4k eSports titles at 144hz.

Why are you upgrading?
Had to recently upgrade my CPU as my 2700x died. And since upgrading to a AM5 platform meant, upgrading the ram and motherboard, i found it feasible to upgrade to a R9 5950x. (The upgrade was in September last year). There are no issues as such, but i have been noticing my GPU vram being full most of them time, and having 100% utilisation in a lot of games. Which makes me think its time i get an upgrade.

Would appreciate assistance in selecting a GPU, PSU, and a Case for good airflow(also case fans). 

I'd determine first if you're best off sticking with Nvidia or going to Radeon, and what the pricing is like in your region. RX 6800's are still in stock in the US and as low as $375. Anything below that can struggle with VRAM at 4K, anything below 16GB. Even then, 16GB isn't sometimes enough for high/ultra textures at 4K which can matter a lot in terms of visual quality.

If the RX 6800 is equally priced in your region, then I'd go for that, especially if it'll work fine for your 3D productivity applications. Otherwise, you'd be looking at RTX 3090's or RTX 4070S or RX 7800 XT or higher GPUs.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017