Best 1440p 144hz monitor (rtx4080s, ryzen 7 7800X3d)

JakubR8

Best monitor under £400 which is 1440p and 144hz, will be used for gaming, photo editing and game engine use. 

For gaming, you can actually get a 1440p 240Hz display for just under £400 right now: https://www.scan.co.uk/products/27-msi-g274qpx-monitor-ips-2560x1440-240hz-1ms-hdr-100m1-400cd-m-hdmi-dp-usb-g-sync-compatible

That monitor received a positive review from Monitors Unboxed - you can take a look at the video for an in-depth analysis, including a look at color performance - TL;DW - it's great for gaming and acceptable for productivity

If you want to save some money with a still decent option, there's the classic M27Q 1440p 170Hz monitor. Solid for gaming, and again decent for productivity - a great value at £289.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/k8GnTW/gigabyte-m27q-270-2560x1440-170-hz-monitor-m27q

6 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

For gaming, you can actually get a 1440p 240Hz display for just under £400 right now: https://www.scan.co.uk/products/27-msi-g274qpx-monitor-ips-2560x1440-240hz-1ms-hdr-100m1-400cd-m-hdmi-dp-usb-g-sync-compatible

That monitor received a positive review from Monitors Unboxed - you can take a look at the video for an in-depth analysis, including a look at color performance - TL;DW - it's great for gaming and acceptable for productivity

If you want to save some money with a still decent option, there's the classic M27Q 1440p 170Hz monitor. Solid for gaming, and again decent for productivity - a great value at £289.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/k8GnTW/gigabyte-m27q-270-2560x1440-170-hz-monitor-m27q

yeah im not looking for anything above 144hz mainly because im more into my open world games and only really play valorant occasionally so id rather have a better nicer looking display than more hz

3 minutes ago, JakubR8 said:

yeah im not looking for anything above 144hz mainly because im more into my open world games and only really play valorant occasionally so id rather have a better nicer looking display than more hz

Well, the image quality does not usually go  down as refresh rate increases, perhaps even opposite, the responsiveness surely doesn't.

Except professional usage displays I believe. So restricting to lower Hz display hasn't got much point. Except if you have PS5 and that needs good 120Hz compatibility.

I edit my posts more often than not

1 minute ago, Tan3l6 said:

Well, the image quality does not usually go  down as refresh rate increases, perhaps even opposite, the responsiveness surely doesn't.

Except professional usage displays I believe.

yeah what I meant is id rather spend more money on a better panel than more money on higher refresh rate if that makes sense 

18 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Except professional usage displays I believe. So restricting to lower Hz display hasn't got much point. Except if you have PS5 and that needs good 120Hz compatibility.

opinion of the samsung g5?

6 minutes ago, JakubR8 said:

opinion of the samsung g5?

I don't like VA personally, but Samsung VA is supposedly better than average. So, I'd still go with some previously suggested IPS panel monitors.

As VA smearing still is present with all VA-s I think.

I edit my posts more often than not