Trouble enabling CPU Graphic multi-monitor in bios

BigAinsley407

Currently i have a single monitor setup and am looking to get a 2nd monitor. I know i need to enable multi monitor in bios but can seem to find it. I have a ryzen 5 5500x 6 core with an asus b550 pro mobo. Is it even possible for me to set this up?

41 minutes ago, BigAinsley407 said:

I know i need to enable multi monitor in bios but can seem to find it.

No you don't. That option is for enabling the iGPU when a dGPU is installed, but a) the iGPU is enabled by default on pretty much everything newer than Kaby Lake and b) the R5 5500 (or 5600X, I can't tell which you are making a typo for) does not have an iGPU at all. You will have to just use the other output on the GPU itself if you want to use a second monitor. 

16 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

No you don't. That option is for enabling the iGPU when a dGPU is installed, but a) the iGPU is enabled by default on pretty much everything newer than Kaby Lake and b) the R5 5500 (or 5600X, I can't tell which you are making a typo for) does not have an iGPU at all. You will have to just use the other output on the GPU itself if you want to use a second monitor. 

I made the typo for the 5600x. But the one problem is that my Nvidia 3070 doesn't have a second HDMI port for a second monitor. Could i just plug it into the mobo hdmi?

2 hours ago, BigAinsley407 said:

Could i just plug it into the mobo hdmi?

No, you will need to get a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/DisplayPort-Adapter-Converter-Gold-Plated-Compatible/dp/B017Q8ZVWK?th=1

Double check to make sure it has the right DP and HDMI revisions that you need for your monitor's resolution and refresh rate before buying one.