Surface Go Tablet Repair

Hello Everyone! 

I need some help. I am replacing the battery on a Microsoft Surface Go. Battery has been replaced, device turns on, but the screen is only half working as shown in the attached image. 

I am struggling to figure out what is wrong. I suspect it's a ribbon cable or something but I have double and triple checked that everything is plugged in securely. Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance! 

20240421_141313.jpg

2 hours ago, TheAndyPanda said:

Hello Everyone! 

I need some help. I am replacing the battery on a Microsoft Surface Go. Battery has been replaced, device turns on, but the screen is only half working as shown in the attached image. 

I am struggling to figure out what is wrong. I suspect it's a ribbon cable or something but I have double and triple checked that everything is plugged in securely. Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance! 

I understand the screen worked completely before the battery swap?

Could be a ribbon cable like you're saying, if you're not super gentle those tend to tear if they're thin enough (speaking from experience)

You may have damaged the screen itself but I would think it would have lines across the dead side... check the connections for any visible damage

If my post helped you please hit the "Solved" button below ✅