Windows Experience Index

My Windows Experience Index has dropped in the desktop graphic department, drivers are updated from nividia but all I can think of is my gpu is failing and its only 2 years old, it used to score 9.0 but now it is 8.9.  Anyone know what has happened?  update I have just ran it and now it is back at 9.  Anyone with similar problems should update the drivers and retry.

Theres nothing you should be worried about. Realistically whatever calculates that score had a very slight variation. At best I can say its just number rounding.

3 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

Theres nothing you should be worried about. Realistically whatever calculates that score had a very slight variation. At best I can say its just number rounding.

I updated nivida and re ran the assessment, all back to normal but drivers were only a few months old so still a mystery but back at 9.0 again.

1 minute ago, stuckonthis said:

I updated nivida and re ran the assessment, all back to normal but drivers were only a few months old so still a mystery but back at 9.0 again.

It's a very small variation. Theres no issue here and you will not see it impact performance in your daily tasks.

The windows experience index has always just been arbitrary numbers so why even bother looking at it?

Like its never made sense a hd7970 would score lower than a gt730 sometimes. Its all bullshit

52 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The windows experience index has always just been arbitrary numbers so why even bother looking at it?

Like its never made sense a hd7970 would score lower than a gt730 sometimes. Its all bullshit

Never took it seriously either

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Not really it's about the consistency of the numbers.

Just now, stuckonthis said:

Not really it's about the consistency of the numbers.

It wont ever be consistent its why it was burried in windows and removed from view. Actual benchmarks will show that the perfromance will be where it should be.

Did your system suddenly start performing bad? Probably not.

The numbers are meaningless

3 hours ago, jaslion said:

It wont ever be consistent its why it was burried in windows and removed from view. Actual benchmarks will show that the perfromance will be where it should be.

Did your system suddenly start performing bad? Probably not.

The numbers are meaningless

The're not meaningless it's an indicator of your machine, you might not see a difference between 1 number but if there is it means there is a change in your machine and it will show you, I corrected mine it was the graphics.  Windows buries everything... I've made many rants on here about that.

1 hour ago, stuckonthis said:

The're not meaningless it's an indicator of your machine, you might not see a difference between 1 number but if there is it means there is a change in your machine and it will show you, I corrected mine it was the graphics.  Windows buries everything... I've made many rants on here about that.

Thing is its not consistent. That is what the main issue with the experience index was.

Its why you use a proper benchmark for testing because the experience index can literally vary a lot each time you try for no reason.

Hence why you shouldnt care about it and use sonething else

On 4/21/2024 at 7:10 PM, jaslion said:

Thing is its not consistent. That is what the main issue with the experience index was.

Its why you use a proper benchmark for testing because the experience index can literally vary a lot each time you try for no reason.

Hence why you shouldnt care about it and use sonething else

It is very consistent, if it wasn't I would not have posted the topic, my benchmark has been the same ever since my build, what knocked it off it's mark was a graphic driver and now it's back to where it should be.  I don't know what your "proper bench mark for testing" is but the one I use is a very good measure, if yours is all over the place then either you are using a different program or your pc is problematic.