5600x high temps

Hello all, I recently have done a gaming pc build with a 5600x, 3060 rtx, mag b550, also a deepcool ak620. The case is a thermal take v100 midtower. I did install one fan at the top back spot, and I did have another in the front for intake but I disconnected it because today I noticed while having counter strike 2 open my cpu temp was in the 90’s, so I’m not sure if I messed up my airflow possibly. I’m a bit concerned because I thought with an aftermarket cooler the cpu wouldn’t run so hot while gaming but I did read something about how the 5000 series is built to run at 95c. If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it thank you. 

34 minutes ago, Tvylxr said:

Hello all, I recently have done a gaming pc build with a 5600x, 3060 rtx, mag b550, also a deepcool ak620. The case is a thermal take v100 midtower. I did install one fan at the top back spot, and I did have another in the front for intake but I disconnected it because today I noticed while having counter strike 2 open my cpu temp was in the 90’s, so I’m not sure if I messed up my airflow possibly. I’m a bit concerned because I thought with an aftermarket cooler the cpu wouldn’t run so hot while gaming but I did read something about how the 5000 series is built to run at 95c. If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it thank you. 

The Ryzen 7000 ( non X3D ) is designed to run at 95c, not the Ryzen 5000.

I dont understand what you mean by disconnecting your front fan because you had high CPU temperatures?

How is the CPU cooler supposed to get fresh air to cool the CPU?

9 minutes ago, Tvylxr said:

This is the article I read

https://www.pcgamer.com/amd-views-ryzen-5000-cpu-temperatures-up-to-95c-as-typical-and-by-design/

also I disconnected it because I’m new to building pcs and I’m not sure if it would mess up my airflow or not, it almost seemed like my temps were worse after I installed the front fan

I don't think I ever seen my 5600x reach 90c on standard use, even when I was still using Hyper212 Turbo back then.

Just in case : You did took off the protective sticker on the cooler's contact plate, right ?

image.png.c07cebd87273a99273226a2363833a90.png

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

I definitely took the sticker off, at this point I’m debating re applying the thermal paste or buying some more fans maybe I’m not sure. 

5 hours ago, Tvylxr said:

I definitely took the sticker off, at this point I’m debating re applying the thermal paste or buying some more fans maybe I’m not sure. 

Things to check :

1. Proper coverage of paste

2. Proper mounting pressure

3. Enough fresh air (which usually from intake fans)

For #3, the easiest way to test most likely is to leave your side panel open and then check temp.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

3 minutes ago, WannaMurderMicrosoft said:

Yeah check the paste and your MB's temp that will show how cool your box is.

Plus if you gonna buy anything then buy a new paste.