Graphics issue??? Solved? PCIE Bus Lane Issue - Riser Cable Old

Go to solution Solved by Emjack24,
15 hours ago, XxK3V1NxX said:

If you have an SSD or HDD that you do not use, try installing Windows, since it may be a problem with the operating system or some other controller of some component.
If that doesn't work and you have the possibility of touching the VRM heatsink or them, make sure they don't have high temperatures, since it could be a defect in the motherboard.
Likewise, i didn´t not agree with the excessive use of the GPU without doing anything

Hello @XxK3V1NxX

I've Checked the Mobo all over with a thermal imaging camera, Nothing seems out of place or alarming.

I don't have HDD or SSD lying around but as a trouble shooting step I've already re-installed windows on both my m.2 Drives. 

As an update I think my GPU Riser Cable may be causing issues. It came with my case which is an older case Thermaltake P3. I noticed on the GPUZ my GPU is running x4 3.0. With this information I remembered that my GPU and the GPU Control software sometimes cannot seem to talk to each other. 

I was using the Riser due to the GPU interfering with the Radiator. This being an unconventional case I can't mount the radiator anywhere else so the Picture attached is my current situaton.

I know its not ideal but so far I'm running 16x 4.0, the Gigabyte Software is actually working with the GPU for the 1st time. 

I should be building a new PC in a couple of months and my brother is going to take this one (with a new case!). So I'm planning on Tie-Wrapping the radiator pretty much where it is now for the time being. 

Not pretty, and I don't want to curse it. But so far it's running a lot better. 

PC.jpg

Hey all, 

So I've had some issues with my PC for a long time now but I swear its getting worse. 

To start I get the general feeling my GPU isn't performing to its potential but that the least of my issues atm. 

I'm getting odd glitches. The most repeatable one is if I'm in a game and have a YouTube video running you'd think the PC is being asked to aggressively mine bitcoin. In game or In video freezes, poor performance. Screens coming off and on as if I'm physically turning them off and on. If I try tab out a Fullscreen game its a coinflip if the PC will wind up restarting or I'll have to restart it myself as all my screens are flashing and reordering. (in the way that if I turn 1 of my monitors off windows will reorganize) 

Just as I wrote this YouTube crashed and said it ran out of memory. Oddly before it fully died for 3 mins the picture froze but the sound was fine. Watching the task manager monitor everything looked fine. Approx: 30% Cpu 40-50% Ram 40% GPU

To be honest I've forgotten a lot of the issues as this one above is crippling but the system feels unstable and I cannot figure out why. 

I've not overclocked for years but the weird behaviour reminds me of unstable clocks back in the day. 

I'm running 3 Monitors, 1x 1440p 165Hz 2x Generic 1080p side monitors.

GPU Gigabyte 3070TI

Ryzen 7 3700X

B550-a Gaming Mobo (previously B450, bought new one as a troubleshooting step. Didn't help and for a little while made different but worse issues. I can't remember why now but I was convinced I was having PCIe lane issues with 2 Sata, M.2 and a PCI adapted M.2 installed. So I got new one hoping it'd help in general and allow me to stick the M.2's onto the Mobo. I now have 2x M.2, 500Gb and 1Tb)

32Gb DDR4 3200Mhz RAM (across 4 sticks) XMP is on

CPUZ and GPUZ Screenshots taken with YouTube and a Fullscreen game open. Spamming Fat Man Nukes on Fallout to stress it a little bit. 

Screen shotttt.png

Idk what these temps are. It's under the Mobo Section. this is just with Youtube running. No.6 and No.2 seems false as they're locked in at their values. The others are actually moving. 

Temps.png

5 minutes ago, Emjack24 said:

Idk what these temps are. It's under the Mobo Section. this is just with Youtube running. No.6 and No.2 seems false as they're locked in at their values. The others are actually moving. 

Those are probably VRM temps. Don't worry about them, they are fine.

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

I like to edit my posts a lot.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

CPU: Core i7 4790K

RAM: 16 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600

GPU 1: RTX 2070 Super

GPU 2: GTX 1060 3GB

PSU: Gigabyte P450B EVGA 600BR EVGA 750BR

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

33 minutes ago, Emjack24 said:

Oigan todos, 

He tenido algunos problemas con mi PC desde hace mucho tiempo, pero juro que están empeorando. 

Para empezar, tengo la sensación general de que mi GPU no está funcionando a su potencial, pero ese es el menor de mis problemas. 

Estoy teniendo fallos extraños. La más repetible es que si estoy en un juego y tengo un vídeo de YouTube ejecutándose, uno pensaría que se le está pidiendo a la PC que extraiga bitcoins agresivamente. En el juego o en el video se congela, rendimiento deficiente. Las pantallas se apagan y encienden como si las estuviera apagando y encendiendo físicamente. Si intento seleccionar un juego en pantalla completa, es un lanzamiento de moneda si la PC terminará reiniciándose o tendré que reiniciarla yo mismo ya que todas mis pantallas parpadean y se reordenan. (de la misma manera que si apago 1 de mis monitores, Windows se reorganizará) 

Justo cuando escribí esto, YouTube falló y dijo que se había quedado sin memoria. Curiosamente, antes de que muriera por completo durante 3 minutos, la imagen se congeló pero el sonido estaba bien. Al observar el administrador de tareas monitorear, todo parecía estar bien. Aproximadamente: 30% CPU 40-50% Ram 40% GPU

Para ser honesto, me he olvidado de muchos de los problemas, ya que el anterior es incapacitante, pero el sistema se siente inestable y no puedo entender por qué. 

No he hecho overclocking durante años, pero el comportamiento extraño me recuerda a los relojes inestables de antaño. 

Estoy ejecutando 3 monitores, 1x 1440p 165Hz y 2x monitores laterales genéricos de 1080p.

GPUGigabyte 3070TI

Ryzen 7 3700X

B550-a Gaming Mobo (anteriormente B450, compré uno nuevo como paso para solucionar problemas. No ayudó y por un tiempo generó problemas diferentes pero peores. No recuerdo por qué ahora, pero estaba convencido de que estaba teniendo problemas con el carril PCIe 2 Sata, M.2 y un M.2 adaptado a PCI instalados. Así que compré uno nuevo con la esperanza de que me ayudara en general y me permitiera colocar los M.2 en el Mobo. Ahora tengo 2x M.2, 500 Gb y. 1 TB)

32Gb DDR4 3200Mhz RAM  (en 4 dispositivos) XMP está activado

CPUZ y GPUZ Capturas de pantalla tomadas con YouTube y un juego en pantalla completa abierto. Enviar spam a Fat Man Nukes en Fallout para enfatizarlo un poco. 

Captura de pantallattt.png

If you have an SSD or HDD that you do not use, try installing Windows, since it may be a problem with the operating system or some other controller of some component.
If that doesn't work and you have the possibility of touching the VRM heatsink or them, make sure they don't have high temperatures, since it could be a defect in the motherboard.
Likewise, i didn´t not agree with the excessive use of the GPU without doing anything

15 hours ago, XxK3V1NxX said:

Hello @XxK3V1NxX

I've Checked the Mobo all over with a thermal imaging camera, Nothing seems out of place or alarming.

I don't have HDD or SSD lying around but as a trouble shooting step I've already re-installed windows on both my m.2 Drives. 

As an update I think my GPU Riser Cable may be causing issues. It came with my case which is an older case Thermaltake P3. I noticed on the GPUZ my GPU is running x4 3.0. With this information I remembered that my GPU and the GPU Control software sometimes cannot seem to talk to each other. 

I was using the Riser due to the GPU interfering with the Radiator. This being an unconventional case I can't mount the radiator anywhere else so the Picture attached is my current situaton.

I know its not ideal but so far I'm running 16x 4.0, the Gigabyte Software is actually working with the GPU for the 1st time. 

I should be building a new PC in a couple of months and my brother is going to take this one (with a new case!). So I'm planning on Tie-Wrapping the radiator pretty much where it is now for the time being. 

Not pretty, and I don't want to curse it. But so far it's running a lot better. 

PC.jpg