Windows 11 usb install, no internet connection

Ronbaow
Go to solution Solved by Ronbaow,
2 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

You have to change directories onto the flash drive, then into the folder where you unzipped the drivers.

Or do what @Kilrah said and run the install program.

So it did eventually on like the 5th time on the internet connection part, ask me to update/install armoury. so i did and it immiedietly recognized ethernet connection. I proceeded on the install and everything wen't well. I updated drivers threw armoury aswell, i know its not the wise way of doing but i did, since armoury already helped me once 馃槃. Thank you all, pc is running good.聽

Hey!

So i managed to build a pc for the first time. I plugged usb dribe with windows 11 in it and proceeded to set it up. First problem i came across was the message of the pc not being compatible with windows 11. Well i bypassed it from regedit by watching a couple tutorials. I installed windows into the M.2 and tried to boot from the M.2. I got tp the part where the install requires internet. Well i have ethernet cable connected and wifi aswell with no connection. Again tutorials said to go to the console but this time my keyboard doesent work in the console.

What to do? Do i have to download mobo drivers to a usb from another pc? Run the driver updates from the usb in my new pc? Help.

20240420_140541.jpg

20240420_140359.jpg

20240420_140351.jpg

Also ive always pressed N.

17136116902773983064430723759588.jpg

I have fasy boot enabled, network stack disabled ( tried with enabled and didnt work), wifi controller enabled, intel lan controller enabled, launch CSM disabled, boot/secure boot OS type "windows UEFI mode", secure boot mode "custom". Basically i havent done anything in the bios yet, not even enabled expo. Since i heard you shouldnt do it yet.

Your hardware is supported so you shouldn't bypass the check but fix the reason why it fails. Pressing Y to clear the TPM should do it.

Would reinstall afterwards at this point.

F@H
Desktop:聽i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0,聽Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO,聽Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro聽RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan),聽Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

6 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Your hardware is supported so you shouldn't bypass the check but fix the reason why it fails. Pressing Y to clear the TPM should do it.

Ok trying this now

Windows might not have the drivers for your network hardware built-in. Use another computer to download them from your motherboard's support page and unzip them onto your install drive.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

2 minutes ago, Ronbaow said:

Ok trying聽

9 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Can i just install it again on the same M.2? Since there is windows already im there?

1 minute ago, Needfuldoer said:

Windows might not have the drivers for your network hardware built-in. Use another computer to download them from your motherboard's support page and unzip them onto your install drive.

I do this in the ezflash section right? After i got the drivers in the usb, usb plugged in.

2 minutes ago, Ronbaow said:

I do this in the ezflash section right? After i got the drivers in the usb, usb plugged in.

No, that's for updating the BIOS. Installing drivers is done inside Windows (or Windows setup).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-connected-when-setting-up-your-windows-11-pc-50dca26f-40d5-4c3b-853c-e972dafb7e08#:~:text=Check and reinstall the Wi-Fi network adapter drivers (for advanced users).

You can also skip the network connection "requirement" during setup, and proceed with a traditional local account instead of a Microsoft account.

22 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

No, that's for updating the BIOS. Installing drivers is done inside Windows (or Windows setup).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-connected-when-setting-up-your-windows-11-pc-50dca26f-40d5-4c3b-853c-e972dafb7e08#:~:text=Check and reinstall the Wi-Fi network adapter drivers (for advanced users).

You can also skip the network connection "requirement" during setup, and proceed with a traditional local account instead of a Microsoft account.

Got the wifi driver on my usb, but cannot update. Shift+f10 doesent work when in bios or prior.聽

23 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

I downloaded the driver, unzipped it into my usb. Plugged usb into new pc, start pc, tryna get into the console with shift+f10, not working. I can navigate in the bios with no problem using keyboard tho.

33 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Also again, cannot write anything on the console.

41 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Ok sp it took a while but my keyboard started working on the console. I did as told in the microsoft post. But basically nothing happened after hitting enter. I unzipped all into usb, deleted the original zip folder from the usb after unzipping it, plugged it in the new pc, ran M.2 windows, went to console, did the commands.

49 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

17136160256285697160820980712202.jpg

4 minutes ago, Ronbaow said:

17136162970682397689330333658175.jpg

17136163218371011726772074849551.jpg

Feel hopeless atm, i guess ill try windows 10.聽

In the Shift-F10 type explorer, that'll launch explorer then you can browse to your driver and聽run its setup program.

F@H
Desktop:聽i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0,聽Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO,聽Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro聽RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan),聽Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

35 minutes ago, Ronbaow said:

You have to change directories onto the flash drive, then into the folder where you unzipped the drivers.

2 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

So it did eventually on like the 5th time on the internet connection part, ask me to update/install armoury. so i did and it immiedietly recognized ethernet connection. I proceeded on the install and everything wen't well. I updated drivers threw armoury aswell, i know its not the wise way of doing but i did, since armoury already helped me once 馃槃. Thank you all, pc is running good.聽