PC weirdly and adaptively wining.

Blawe17

Hello Guys, I have the Weird issue that my pc is whining noticeably sometimes. Though I notice it most of the time when I play Minecraft.

I already checked every fan in the system but it’s not that. Also the wining changes depending on what I do in game, if I look east there’s no wining, if I look south it’s very high pitched and if I look west it’s more low pitched. I,d consider my self rather tech savvy, having built a few PCs and also troubleshooted my friends PCsa few times but im so unbelievably confused. 

These are my Specs

Intenso top III 512 GB sata 550 MB/s

XPG GAMMIX D10 DDR4 2 x 8 GB  3200 MHz  PC4-25600  CL16 

Asus Prime b450m-a Il

Ryzen 5 3600x

msi rx 5700 xt gaming x 

Be quiet straight Power 10 500W

Be quiet Pure Rock 2 

Pls Help, thanks in advance.

Regards Jack.

If it's related to load, it's almost certainly coil whine. Pretty normal for some components, motherboards, power supplies and most often video cards.

The sound is inductors, they're a copper coil inside a ceramic housing as part of power delivery circuits. They basically clean voltage, smooths out fluctuations in it. When they do this they vibrate ever so slightly, and with very specific voltage changes it can be audible. The sound you hear is the copper coil in the inductor vibrating against the ceramic housing.

Most often they're sealed with an epoxy but it's not perfect. It's an inherent attribute of manufacturing scale. Really bad coil whine at all loads is a quality control issue and with some manufacturers you can RMA the component. But if it's inconsistent, or only happens at specific loads, its just luck of the draw and you gotta deal with it.

Based on fps? High pitched buzz?

Coil whine.

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti