WAN Show Speaker Bar Sound Effect Is....What?

Look at 9:50 in this

. I wanna know what the name of that sound effect is. It sounds like the menu selection sfx from Marvel vs Capcom 2 on PS2, or some other select sfx from MvC2. 

I'm using Windows 7, so if they were using 8 it may not be on my install by default. When I go under C:\Windows\Media you can see all these folders with collections of .wav sound effects. From what I can tell none them are the one from the video.

Is it true that only .wav files will work? So no MP3s, MP4s, FLAC,etc?

It's called asterisk, I think its only on windows 8 no idea tbh tho

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

It's called asterisk, I think its only on windows 8 no idea tbh tho

Asterisk looks like a type of setting sound effect, but not the name of a sound effect file. Other types of settings would be Battery Low, Device Connected, Critical Stop and Windows Log Off; so a specific situation where the sfx would go off. The name of the default Asterisk file in Windows 7 is "Windows Error.wav". 

There are presets in Windows 7 across all the different sound settings listed in folders like Delta, Cityscape, Festival and Quirky. They all have the same names, but because they're in different folders you can differentiate them like Delta/Windows Ding vs Festival/Windows Ding.

From what you said the default sound effect for Asterisk is what I'm looking for in Windows 8.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found a youtube video that hooked me up with a rar with Windows 8 sound effects. Check it out.

its windows 8 default

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."