Random PC Stuttering

M25Ops

I've been playing GW2 lately, and I've been getting an issue where it stutters alot. The sound and video freeze, like my pc is going to crash but then it just keeps going. Different places in the game cause it to happen more often.

Then I had it in the backround and tried running FreeTube, I experiences stuttering. I stopped the game, stuttering in Freetube went away. I can't tell if it's the game, or something happening with my PC when it's using alot of resources.

Any ideas?

run hw monitor and check you temps after !!! and a ssd plays games better or m.2 !!!

17 minutes ago, scruffballz_86 said:

run hw monitor and check you temps after !!! and a ssd plays games better or m.2 !!!

Running on an m.2 with plenty of space left, temps are only at 58c when gaming

There was old issue with AMD systems and USB (Zen 3 and older). A BIOS update will fix that.

However, the stuttering could still be cause by a failing piece of hardware throwing an interrupt storm to the CPU. Thermal, power, and a component failure are usually what causes this. A failing HDD or SSD can do that, and usually you'll find a bunch of drive errors in the Windows System event log.

As for a program that can help you track down the issue, the only good one that I know of is Latencymon; link below.

https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

19 minutes ago, StDragon said:

There was old issue with AMD systems and USB (Zen 3 and older). A BIOS update will fix that.

However, the stuttering could still be cause by a failing piece of hardware throwing an interrupt storm to the CPU. Thermal, power, and a component failure are usually what causes this. A failing HDD or SSD can do that, and usually you'll find a bunch of drive errors in the Windows System event log.

As for a program that can help you track down the issue, the only good one that I know of is Latencymon; link below.

I'm running it, what should I look for?

Thermals don't seem to be a problem, PSU is newer than everything else. Nothing else seems to be giving me any trouble.

It only seems to happen when someone big is running, like a game.

55 minutes ago, StDragon said:

So I got this:
image.thumb.png.7b37630b0429e9f8759091caa03e6236.png

16 hours ago, M25Ops said:

So I got this:

Also this today:
image.thumb.png.e8e8804560ee504988136edbbf898135.png