Suspected memory leak?

Go to solution Solved by Hellowpplz,
3 minutes ago, Skullvortex said:

I've tried 3 so far, I first noticed it in the latest Call of Duty but I wondered if other games displayed similar problems. The same problem occurred while playing Hogwarts Legacy, but when I was playing Sekiro I had no issues at all.

Sooooo the games your having issues with are quite ram hungry. And if you've installed any other apps they are almost all always running in the background taking up ram, so it piles up over time. For example, the minimum requirement for hogwarts legacy is 16gb ram. Call of Duty MW2 is 8gb (windows 11 alone uses around 4-6gb idle so that adds up as well). While the game you listed and said you aren't having any issue's in, it's minimum specs for ram is 4gb. So I simply suspect bloatware running in the background.

Hi all! Im dealing with a very annoying issue at the moment. Out of nowhere, I can't play some games anymore because when I do, the RAM usage skyrockets to 100% which causes massive frame drops and makes the games unplayable. This problem started occurring out of nowhere and I have no idea how to fix this. I've tried to lower the in-game settings to the absolute lowest but even then, the RAM usage is 100% so I think there is something more happening here. I've already tried to monitor which processes use the RAM, but it is just the game that just keeps using more and more to the point of almost crashing. The specs of my PC are an AMD Radeon 7800XT, Ryzen 5 5800X3D, 16Gb DDR4 3200MHz RAM, B450 Tomahawk Max. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on? Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, Skullvortex said:

Hi all! Im dealing with a very annoying issue at the moment. Out of nowhere, I can't play some games anymore because when I do, the RAM usage skyrockets to 100% which causes massive frame drops and makes the games unplayable. This problem started occurring out of nowhere and I have no idea how to fix this. I've tried to lower the in-game settings to the absolute lowest but even then, the RAM usage is 100% so I think there is something more happening here. I've already tried to monitor which processes use the RAM, but it is just the game that just keeps using more and more to the point of almost crashing. The specs of my PC are an AMD Radeon 7800XT, Ryzen 5 5800X3D, 16Gb DDR4 3200MHz RAM, B450 Tomahawk Max. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on? Thanks in advance!

What games specifically?

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

Just now, Hellowpplz said:

What games specifically?

I've tried 3 so far, I first noticed it in the latest Call of Duty but I wondered if other games displayed similar problems. The same problem occurred while playing Hogwarts Legacy, but when I was playing Sekiro I had no issues at all.

3 minutes ago, Skullvortex said:

Sooooo the games your having issues with are quite ram hungry. And if you've installed any other apps they are almost all always running in the background taking up ram, so it piles up over time. For example, the minimum requirement for hogwarts legacy is 16gb ram. Call of Duty MW2 is 8gb (windows 11 alone uses around 4-6gb idle so that adds up as well). While the game you listed and said you aren't having any issue's in, it's minimum specs for ram is 4gb. So I simply suspect bloatware running in the background.

1 hour ago, Hellowpplz said:

I understand where you're coming from however, I've been playing both those games for the past year with the same settings and never had an issue of any kind. Furthermore, if I lower the settings to the lowest in those games the issue persists. I also used ProcessExplorer to see if any bloatware was running in the background, but everything was negligible. Also, when I, for instance, open up Call of Duty the RAM usage is around 70-80% in the first match played. When the second match starts it ramps up to 100% and stays there.

4 minutes ago, Skullvortex said:

I understand where you're coming from however, I've been playing both those games for the past year with the same settings and never had an issue of any kind. Furthermore, if I lower the settings to the lowest in those games the issue persists. I also used ProcessExplorer to see if any bloatware was running in the background, but everything was negligible. Also, when I, for instance, open up Call of Duty the RAM usage is around 70-80% in the first match played. When the second match starts it ramps up to 100% and stays there.

Well the fact that it ramps up like that is for sure just the game. Fortnite does the same for me on a 16gb pc. 

On 4/11/2024 at 10:05 AM, Skullvortex said:

So the solution would be, buy more RAM 🙂

Or again, bloatware. How much ram is being used when you have NOTHING open?