No post, boot stuck at CPU Led

damian61

Specs:

Ryzen 3 1200 / MSi A320m Pro-VD PLUS / 1x16GB DDR4 / Rx 570 / Corsair VS450

PC was working fine at my place, after we moved it to my friends house it was working too, but the next morning when he tried to turn it on - it stuck at CPU Led, no post. He tried to reset the bios, nothing happened.

He brought back the computer to me, I turnet it on, and it was working fine without any issue. I didnot change anything, I didnot do anything with it.

He moved back the PC to his house, it was working in the same day, but the day after when he tried to turn it on, it stuck again in this boot loop. 

Any idea what could be the issue? Can this caused by some kind of power related issue? 

Did your friend check if the issue is also present in other rooms of his house (it could be an issue with the outlet he plugged the PC into)?

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

I like to edit my posts a lot.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

CPU: Core i7 4790K

RAM: 16 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600

GPU 1: RTX 2070 Super

GPU 2: GTX 1060 3GB

PSU: Gigabyte P450B EVGA 600BR EVGA 750BR

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

2 minutes ago, Average Nerd said:

Did your friend check if the issue is also present in other rooms of his house (it could be an issue with the outlet he plugged the PC into)?

Yes, yesterday he tried to use the PC in different rooms too. result was the same. 

Just now, damian61 said:

Yes, yesterday he tried to use the PC in different rooms too. result was the same. 

Are the outlets in his house grounded?

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

Just now, Average Nerd said:

I do not know, I asked him about this but he is not a techical guy to confirm it. 

1 minute ago, Average Nerd said:

If its this kind of issue, is it possible that he was able to turn on the pc because it was working at my house? I mean the PSU still had some charge inside or something

16 minutes ago, damian61 said:

If its this kind of issue, is it possible that he was able to turn on the pc because it was working at my house? I mean the PSU still had some charge inside or something

Going off of the country from your profile, his house should be grounded, but if it isn't or at least not properly, it can cause strange behaviour in computers as they rely on a ground connection for the EMI filter in the PSU to work and to dissipate static electricity.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

40 minutes ago, Average Nerd said:

Going off of the country from your profile, his house should be grounded, but if it isn't or at least not properly, it can cause strange behaviour in computers as they rely on a ground connection for the EMI filter in the PSU to work and to dissipate static electricity.

I asked him to test the PC at his neighbor's house, to eleminate this possibility because he thinks that the CPU is broken

So this means, if his house is not grounded properly, it can cause this kind of issues? 
it was very strange to me that when we started the computer at my place, it seemed to be the first time the bios reset was done, even though the guy had been trying for 3-4 days. the CMOS battery had been off for days

1 minute ago, damian61 said:

the CMOS battery had been off for days

So he ran the PC without a CMOS battery? While the PC should turn on without it, it won't retain any BIOS settings.

3 minutes ago, damian61 said:

So this means, if his house is not grounded properly, it can cause this kind of issues? 

I suspect the ground connection of his house to be at fault, but it could also be a general issue with the houses power wiring.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

21 minutes ago, Average Nerd said:

So he ran the PC without a CMOS battery? While the PC should turn on without it, it won't retain any BIOS settings.

I suspect the ground connection of his house to be at fault, but it could also be a general issue with the houses power wiring.

He tried to reset the bios, first I thought he did some OC with the ram or CPU, thats why it didnot boot. But for me its still the strangest thing that the PC is kinda booting but actually not. 

The ASUS card has a rog logo in the middle, that logo supposed to lit up in red color, but its white. No breathing effect / no color change - I tried to look up if there are any manual debug list for this but couldnot find any. My best guess is that it powers but somehow its not enough to proceed forward and boot properly

7 minutes ago, damian61 said:

He tried to reset the bios, first I thought he did some OC with the ram or CPU, thats why it didnot boot. But for me its still the strangest thing that the PC is kinda booting but actually not. 

The ASUS card has a rog logo in the middle, that logo supposed to lit up in red color, but its white. No breathing effect / no color change - I tried to look up if there are any manual debug list for this but couldnot find any. My best guess is that it powers but somehow its not enough to proceed forward and boot properly

If it doesn't boot in the neighbours hhouse, tell him to move the RAM module to the other slot and see if that does something.
(Speaking of RAM, you give up significant RAM performance with a single channel configuration, just a general tip)

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

30 minutes ago, Average Nerd said:

If it doesn't boot in the neighbours hhouse, tell him to move the RAM module to the other slot and see if that does something.
(Speaking of RAM, you give up significant RAM performance with a single channel configuration, just a general tip)

Ram did nothing with it, we tried that first. I bought this PC back than with 1x16GB, I used it as a test bench for GPU-s. He wanted to buy something cheap so I gave it to him to play farm simulator and other similar stuff... 

19 hours ago, Average Nerd said:

I've got back the PC, I tried to boot it - I had the same error what he showed to me, PC was not booting. I checked all cables, if they are properly connected then tried to power on, and it worked fine. Now I'm thinking that something can short the MB? 

16 minutes ago, damian61 said:

Now I'm thinking that something can short the MB? 

Possible, try booting the PC outside of the case (maybe also at your friends house).

If it works fine with no case, you can try to insulate the back of the motherboard with some cardboard or plastic (the latter would be preferable)

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

3 minutes ago, Average Nerd said:

Possible, try booting the PC outside of the case (maybe also at your friends house).

If it works fine with no case, you can try to insulate the back of the motherboard with some cardboard or plastic (the latter would be preferable)

Can the PC case panel connectors short the mobo? I think those were the last ones what I've checked before It booted to Windows

otherwise, its working fine again. I restarted it like 10 times

1 minute ago, damian61 said:

Can the PC case panel connectors short the mobo?

Technically they can, for example if a USB port is damaged, but that wouldn't cause a CPU error.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

8 minutes ago, Average Nerd said:

Technically they can, for example if a USB port is damaged, but that wouldn't cause a CPU error.

My issue is that I can not reproduce the problem / CPU error. 

I saw that he installed Ryzen Master, but not sure why - this is an a320 chipset, you can't overclock the cpu or anything

6 minutes ago, damian61 said:

My issue is that I can not reproduce the problem / CPU error. 

In that case, maybe tell your friend to have an electrician check his wiring, to rule out issues with that.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

3 minutes ago, Average Nerd said:

In that case, maybe tell your friend to have an electrician check his wiring, to rule out issues with that.

I had the same error what he explained when I tried to boot it for the first time today, but the issue was gone after the CMOS was reseted. So I'm trying to trigger the same issue again, I need to find out the main reason, it really bothers me 

any idea how shall I test it? 

5 minutes ago, damian61 said:

any idea how shall I test it? 

Sadly not, sorry.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

1 minute ago, Average Nerd said: