Help with overclocking (parts list below)

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
5 minutes ago, Anderson Welch33333 said:

Intel Core i5-9400F

ASRock B365M Pro4

Neither of these support overclocking, so nothing to do here.

AMD Radeon RX 6600

This is a bit more weird. If you're going to overclock an AMD card, I'd recommend you use either Wattman (this is included in the AMD driver) or MoreClockTool. Assuming you're using Wattman, open up AMD Adrenalin, go to the performance tab, then to tuning. Click Manual Tuning Custom, and this is where you can mess with all the settings. First thing to do would be to max out the power limit as RX 6000 series cards tend to be pretty power limited in my experience. Next would be to tune the VRAM, where you want to change the timings to fast, set manual control, then max out the slider (AMD artificially limited the memory slider on all cards but the 6900 XT/6950 XT, to the point where almost every card can max out the memory slider). Finally, tune the core. Raise the max frequency until the card starts to crash in a stress test (I personally just run Time Spy, but everyone has their own preferences) or until the clock speed stops improving, then raise the minimum frequency until it starts to crash. Test a bunch of games to make sure it's stable, and you're done. 

Another thing you can do is use MorePowerTool to effectively disable the power limits of that card, that can get you a few extra percent of performance, though I'd reserve that for more in the future. 

Parts:

Intel Core i5-9400F

ASRock B365M Pro4

AMD Radeon RX 6600

Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 

CX650F RGB

if you guys have any ideas to help with overclocking please let me know.

3 minutes ago, Anderson Welch33333 said:

Parts:

Intel Core i5-9400F

ASRock B365M Pro4

AMD Radeon RX 6600

Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 

CX650F RGB

if you guys have any ideas to help with overclocking please let me know.

The Intel 9400F can't be overclocked as its locked.

The Radeon RX 6600 however can be overclocked!

This is a very easy to understand guide on how to overclock with MSI Afterburner ( You dont need an MSI card )

Watch it fully if you are new to overclocking. AMD specific at the end.

Intel Core i5-9400F

ASRock B365M Pro4

AMD Radeon RX 6600

This is a bit more weird. If you're going to overclock an AMD card, I'd recommend you use either Wattman (this is included in the AMD driver) or MoreClockTool. Assuming you're using Wattman, open up AMD Adrenalin, go to the performance tab, then to tuning. Click Manual Tuning Custom, and this is where you can mess with all the settings. First thing to do would be to max out the power limit as RX 6000 series cards tend to be pretty power limited in my experience. Next would be to tune the VRAM, where you want to change the timings to fast, set manual control, then max out the slider (AMD artificially limited the memory slider on all cards but the 6900 XT/6950 XT, to the point where almost every card can max out the memory slider). Finally, tune the core. Raise the max frequency until the card starts to crash in a stress test (I personally just run Time Spy, but everyone has their own preferences) or until the clock speed stops improving, then raise the minimum frequency until it starts to crash. Test a bunch of games to make sure it's stable, and you're done. 

Another thing you can do is use MorePowerTool to effectively disable the power limits of that card, that can get you a few extra percent of performance, though I'd reserve that for more in the future. 

33 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Thank you!